Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

Hey @toby23 – a Roon membership covers a single library, which can shared throughout the house, and controlled remotely by a virtually unlimited number of devices, streaming to any number of supported audio devices around the house.

Because your membership is tied to management of the library that is being shared around the house, right now everyone in the house shares a common library, and a library can only integrate with one Tidal account at a time.

We’ve heard some requests for supporting more profile specific libraries – for example, my profile would hide the folder containing my girlfriend’s music. This is the first I’ve heard requesting support for multiple Tidal accounts, but that makes sense now that they’re offering family plans.

For now, profiles have their own play history, favorites, playlists, and Last.FM accounts, but share the same library and Tidal account. We’re considering a number of feature requests that would make profiles more powerful in the future, so I’ll add this one to the list.

Thanks for the question @toby23!

12 Likes