Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

Roon should support several Tidal subscriptions i.e. coming from a Tidal Family HiFi subscription. Every family member should be able to have his own Roon profile connected with his own Tidal account. Sonos supports this for Tidal, Spotify and others.

6 Likes

+100 on each Roon profile being mapped to its own Tidal profile, at least optionally

4 Likes

I echo this request. We’re a family of 4 all using Roon but only one (my) Tidal account is configured in Roon. If someone plays a tidal track, I’m being kicked out of tidal app :-(…even when traveling…it would be great if the profiles in Roon can have their own Tidal login. Or is there a good reason why not?

Updating this to Qobuz Family instead of Tidal Family!

2 Likes

Hello,

Is it possible to add the possibility of adding different Tidal (Family) accounts for different profiles as to prevent mixing of tidal playlists between profiles? My household just started using roon and as good as it is, its a shame that the others can’t sync their tidal Playlists with their ROON profiles.

2 Likes

I have a family TIDAL subscription, two users, myself and my wife.
When using Roon at home on our network, both profiles are linked to my TIDAL account. Would love to be able to link my own and my wife’s profiles to different TIDAL accounts (and other services when available).

This way when mobile and away from the network we could use our own TIDAL apps properly updated in the My MUSIC section of TIDAL.

2 Likes

I would love this to be implemented too. Sonos currently allows multiple Tidal accounts to be set up - with each person’s controller (iPhones/iPads in our case) defaulting to their own Tidal account. This works really well for us and each person sees his or her favourites and playlists. It would be great if Roon profiles could be linked in a similar fashion.

I have a Tidal Family account. Can I use this with Roon or do I have to purchase Roon again for my wife?

1 Like

Right now, your Roon library can integrate a single Tidal account.

Can you explain a little more about what you’re trying to setup?

I was hoping that you might have a family option for Roon, so I don’t have to purchase another lifetime subscription. It would be great if my wife could use Roon, as we have a Tidal family account with separate music libraries.

Toby,

Roon allows you to create multiple profiles, so your wife can have her own.

To create a new profile, just go to “Overview”, using the left side menu, then click on the + sign at the right of the screen, where it says “New Profile”, enter the name and birthday and you are set.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Does that mean that she can log in to her own Tidal account with her Roon profile on her computer? I just want to make sure that she can access her separate Tidal account with her own music from Roon without having to purchase Roon and that my Roon account/ music library won’t change at all.

Hey @toby23 – a Roon membership covers a single library, which can shared throughout the house, and controlled remotely by a virtually unlimited number of devices, streaming to any number of supported audio devices around the house.

Because your membership is tied to management of the library that is being shared around the house, right now everyone in the house shares a common library, and a library can only integrate with one Tidal account at a time.

We’ve heard some requests for supporting more profile specific libraries – for example, my profile would hide the folder containing my girlfriend’s music. This is the first I’ve heard requesting support for multiple Tidal accounts, but that makes sense now that they’re offering family plans.

For now, profiles have their own play history, favorites, playlists, and Last.FM accounts, but share the same library and Tidal account. We’re considering a number of feature requests that would make profiles more powerful in the future, so I’ll add this one to the list.

Thanks for the question @toby23!

12 Likes

That’s exactly what I needed to know, thank you for your reply.

How I/we listen to music has changed so much over the last few years and now, with decent competition, the digital market is evolving once again. I really appreciate your openness and willigness to work on this.

Unfortunately my wife just told me that she can’t live without her audiobooks, so the problem is solved for now, she will stay with Spotify and I will commit to Tidal and Roon. Hard not to…

1 Like

How are family members accounts handled with Roon?

Hi Fritz,
I moved your question into this topic, have a read above and see if it answers your question.

+1

This would be a useful feature. Or even better have the possibility to add all family members Tidal accounts into one library. ie being able to log on to more than one account i Tidal.

On my first day with Roon so forgive me if this is already suggested elsewhere.

Thanks, Joachim

1 Like

+1

In this family, subject to a family subscription in Tidal, there is now a growing interest for Roon, perhaps more than anything for its multiroom features.

If the Roon subscription was able to handle multiple Tidal accounts, so that each member would still see ONLY their own tidal library and the common Roon library (NAS concept), it would immediately create 5 new Roon users here.

What is the Roon roadmap on this feature request?

2 Likes

Bump :confused: anything new on this?

1 Like

+1

This would be a useful feature.

Anything new on this?

1 Like