Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

Then why do Qobuz and Tidal family plans allow different devices to play different music simultaneously? That’s the very nature of sharing one main account, whether it’s streaming music or sharing a Netflix account.

I’m not “asking” about Roon’s limitations; I think I’m instead highlighting them am I not?

1 Like

Just started my trial of Roon. It seems perfect for tying together my setup of Dynaudio and a lot of SONOS. But… my spouse and I are happy TIDAL users, each with our own account, music taste. We need to be able to use one TIDAL account on the go without breaking the stream to Roon. Only being able to add one TIDAL account to Roon is a dealbreaker :frowning: I’ll be back when this get fixed.

4 Likes

Just switched to Tidal Family and I was very surprised that Roon does not support multiple streaming. I also work in the Software Business and I can tell you that almost everything is possible to develop (if you have enough time and money). Roon as a quite high-priced software should really solve this issue.

2 Likes

And it would be very appreciated if someone from Roon could leave a comment here.

+1 Family support is strongly wanted. My hifi interested son is using Tidal, but gear setup is roon based. Bummer.

I have just cancelled my roon trial because family support is not available, I came here to find out how to configure profiles with different tidal plans and found that even though this was requested years ago, roon have not responded and it is clear to me that they have no plans to implement this. I am very disappointed as I was loving roon but this is a red line for me and my family.

1 Like

Please allow for linking a different Tidal account to the current profile. Support for multiple Tidal accounts is needed. I have a family that uses Roon as our whole house audio solution. Clearly the likes of a teenager are going to be different than a middle-aged man! Every time someone starts playing music that is not in keeping with what I like my queue gets a case of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and can’t come out of it without clearing the entire queue. So pretty please, Roon, would you add the ability to switch profiles and let that be synced to the profile’s Tidal account? This way someone using Roon can switch to their profile and then get their Tracks and Playlists out of Tidal AND play audio of their liking without disturbing everyone else?

So again, I’m in support of this requirement.

1 Like

Remember to vote for this, go to the top of the queue and hit that vote button

1 Like

I just voted for this but I am not convinced it will make any difference, Roon has not responded in the 5 years or so that this has been requested if they were considering it they could have responded.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about that @wytco0 – I think more people would opt for this if they knew it was even an option.

I’ve been a lifetime member for a long time now and had no idea that voting for features was even possible. I often don’t have the time to read everything that’s going on here so I’m part of the group of people who are not in the loop on all things Roon. There are other’s like me I’m certain. It’s just a matter of getting this out there to people to get their take.

2 Likes

I like the way Roon integrates my local collection with e.g. streaming such as Tidal as this can be great for exploring. But it seems to be conceived as a “personal system”, which is okay, but as others have noted useless for families. We started out with Roon, but as we discovered the limited profile support. we’ve migrated more and more to Tidal Connect (over Volumio). While not as rich as Roon, it is inherently more usable and suitable for our varied music tastes. I love the Roon UI, but I also love having a personal profile with seamless access to my (streaming) playlists whether at home or on the road.

Let me know when Roon has more family friendly features and I’ll give it a try again. Thanks.

Voted for this, it would be a great feature to have.

1 Like

Voted for this. I agree that this would be a great feature to have.

1 Like

+1 for Qobuz Duo

+1 does nothing I am afraid, you need to go to the top of the thread and actually cast your vote for your voice to be heard.
Good luck!

1 Like

When you spend this amount on such software, which is on top of your other streaming services, you really want to share it with your family to justify the cost and have them enjoy it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you vote at the top of the topic?

1 Like

Mine already do without any family accounts, Roon doesn’t stop this only a person’s decision that they have to have their music separate to everyone else does. Our cd collection is just that ours as is our ripped files, purchases and streaming accounts I refuse to be precious over music it’s for everyone to share.

2 Likes

This post is old, does Roon have an update to allow each family member in roon profile to connect to their own Tidal account.

Not yet. If the suggestion is implemented, the thread title will be changed to indicate.