Music continues playing after Roon album ends and persists even after terminating Roon on Mac (ref#W9G33N)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

Other

I'm not even sure of I'm in the right category, but when I'm playing an album on Roon, and it ends, music still plays (a different album). Even if I terminate Roon on my Mac, the music still plays and the only way I know to stop it is to go to Mac's Activity monitor and kill both Roon processes. Why??

Probably because Roon Radio has not been turned off for the zone that you are playing to. At the bottom of the tracks playing there is an icon that when pressed shows the tracks that are yet to be played (the queue) underneath this is a toggle for ongoing play, turn this off for each zone and you should be good to (not) go.

4 Likes

There was an update a while back that implemented the separation of the server (previously the core) and the remote functions on Windows and Mac machines. So if you want to stop the remote the server continues to run in the background.

@Glimmer explained why the music continued.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Tilewick,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. As @Glimmer said you should ensure that the Roon radio option is turned off for the zone you’re playing to.

1 Like

so sorry. but where is the option, how do I turn it off? Thx

Sure, while playing music open the queue and there will be a toggle there.

Keep in mind this is a zone-specific option meaning that if you want all of your zones to not use Roon radio you will need to turn it off on all of them.

1 Like

That’s not it at all. It’s not a “radio”, but something else that keeps playing. I’m getting the distinct sense that Roon may be the wrong choice.

You might be misunderstanding the meaning of Roon Radio, it is a stream of “similar” music that the system chooses for you unless you turn it off for each zone.

However, you may understand the meaning perfectly well and in which case i apologise, and yes Roon may well be the wrong choice for you.

Please read the Help article to understand what “Roon Radio” is:

Roon Radio is very different to Roon’s “Live Radio” (aka Internet Radio):

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.