Music flow chart extending beyond width of screen

Core Machine
Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10 / Roon 1.7 (build 537)

Network Details
WiFi

Audio Devices
Mola Mola Makua (USB)

Description Of Issue
After Roon updated to the latest build today, the music flow chart (sorry, don’t know the correct term) on the bottom of the screen is no longer working correctly. See the attached picture.

Note that the blue area extends beyond the current playing position (indicated by the red marker). Note also that the chart continues beyond the length of the track on the far right and even beyond the width of the screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @Possum,

Are you controlling Roon from the Windows 10 Core machine?

Do you see similar behavior from other remote devices?

Hi Dylan,

Yes, I use the Windows 10 core machine (notebook) only to control Roon. Has been working without problem for three years. Never tried other devices.

Cheers,
Possum

It’s called a ‘scrub bar’. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @Possum, thanks for the info. Could you please upload a copy of the track in question here? I’d like to try it and see if I can reproduce the same result.

Also, is this the only track you’re seeing this issue on?

Hi Nuwriy, The problem occurs with every track in my collection (several thousand). Therefore it probably does not make much sense to upload the track. Do you agree?

Same here.

Hey @Possum, that’s fair. Could you try using your phone or a tablet as a remote and see if the same issue occurs there? I know you said you just use the core, but this test would be helpful in narrowing down the issue.

Hi Nuwriy, Ok just used my iPhone 11 to control Roon. Bear with me, I have not done this before. Seems there is no scrub bar on the Roon Remote display (or do I need to somehow activate it?). Anyway, I can see the blue graph on the bottom of the mobile phone’s screen progressing correctly (and finishing when the track ends).

Just discovered something: When I change the “Size of text, apps, and other items” under the display settings of my Dell notebook from the recommended 250% to 225%, the scrub bar works correctly. However, I then get empty areas on the left and the right of the Roon display, see the screen shot below:

Hello @Possum and thanks for the info! I’d like to pass this information over to my team for further review. Before I do so, I have a few questions:

1. Can you tell me what graphics card you’re using?
  2. Are the drivers for the graphics card up to date?
  3. Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link.

Thanks Nuwriy. Here we go:

Graphics card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5

Driver
Yes, version 4.13.0.0 (Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed).

Log files
Done.

Hello @Possum, thanks! I got this information over to our team for further review.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.