Music folder - Roon not scanning all sub folders

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonictransporter

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin

Description Of Issue

After the last update it appeared that 1/2 of my library stored on network drive disappeared.

I have settings currently pointing to a folder named “Music” and then sub folders: FLAC, ACC, MP4, MQA

Appears that Roon did bring in my library from the FLAC folder and only a very select few from the MP4 folder.

I solved this by adding in the additional folder mapping within the root Music folder.

This should not have been a required step.

Hello @Todd_Strockoz ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing this issue on the latest version of Roon? Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon → Settings → Storage tab with the two folders listed?

Thanks!

Yes still having it

Hi @Todd_Strockoz

Let’s focus on one example of this so we can better understand what’s happening here. Can you find an example of an album that should be showing in just the Music folder but is only visible from one of the additional folders you added? Can you share screenshots of this album? Please include screenshots of the Versions tab and the View File Info window for one of the tracks.

Thanks!

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Todd

Hello @Todd_Strockoz ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing this issue occurring in the latest build of Roon? Have you by any chance reached out to SonicTransporter support staff to see if they can also provide feedback here?

Since this is a partner Roon Core, they would have the best visibility into how the storage is mounted on the Core, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.