Music Germany corner

What a great Sunday,

I also wake up and get so many beautiful memories, everything worthwhile to be played again. Where do I start?

I think Ute and Christian make like here the beginning and then it continues with music from East Germany.

Lift is already what fine, this sea trip I have not yet made completely. But I was already with Keimzeit - Kling Klang on Tierra del Fuego…

…and there not only Chicago, Blood, Sweat & Tears or The Flock rocked, but already in 1964 the Stern-Combo Meißen.

This night with Stern Meißen remains unforgotten and is led south by Lift. Who honors the rose of Renft, can not be a bad person, once said a poet Holger Biege.

on the roofs of berlin

1 Like

Since here currently quite a lot of older things are presented, I try to build a bridge.

My recommendation is not directly pop nor punk and has, although it is still relatively current, in my opinion a “New German Wave” touch:

RoonShareImage-637670403633663331

Of course I have a lot of recommendations, but first I have to see in which direction this thread develops.

1 Like

I had the same thought about posting something newer.
My current favorite German band, though I only discovered them this year.
I think I have more modern German music, though maybe not to the taste of all.

2 Likes

1 Like

that was a good hint to younger musicians and further developments also in the metal area. No longer just trash, but melodies. Gothic must be liked, however, so that it still fits. I was lucky in my musical taste.

Thanks for that.

Do you know the interview?

i love this

Thank you for remembering Herbert Grönemeyer

2 Likes

Very melodic and almost folk like, very impressed with their output going back the the early 200s.

As a fan of symphonic metal Germany and the Netherlands have a lot to offer.
This is currently playing

2 Likes

This German punk rock I hear for the first time. Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen, Herbert Grönemeyer or BAP are not yet retired by us older people, however.

Kettcar, Tomte, Tocotronic and many others that we will still find here have already crossed my way, but this rocks here of course more violent.

After punk rock a few quieter songs. On the albums it is otherwise rockier.

A little love story “You can do magic”.

Yes, and sometimes we do not find the guardrails between which we should properly draw our life trajectories.

2 Likes

yes, they are also a permanent fixture in my collection. I can test right away whether a 30 € USB DAC plus FLAC actually bring more than my old 320 OGG.

1 Like

So @Uwe_Albrecht doesn’t get too lonely here :rofl:

2 Likes

Verrückter Junge der Spaß macht und zwischen Schlager, Comedy, Jazz, Klassik und Rock tanzt. Er wird es aber in seinem Alter nicht mehr in die Hall of Fame schaffen :wink:

Das erste bei mir bekannte Stück war “Katzenklo”

1 Like

I have now listened to my Roon:

So the tender feeling is also offered to rockers, if you also sometimes play quieter pieces.

Thanks for this

1 Like

I can’t believe you brought Helge into the conversation :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

An absolute favourite German band in the Doom genre. I have gone back and bought most of their back catalogue and have not been disappointed with any of them

1 Like

Legendary

3 Likes

hard to argue with that statement… :rofl:
Even Very Much would still have worked

1 Like

The alt-rocker from Germany has released another album. All in all, certainly not his best in his long product series, but two tracks stood out to me:

The search for a better world probably occupies many

…and it makes me happy to see such a collaboration. Johannes Oerding…

Johannes Oerding has done many more good things and sought collaborations.

1 Like

…and nothing is constricted to old or new styles of music.

In addition to pop, rock, there are also pieces that wander in the direction of rap or hip-hop or are reminiscent of Bob Marley and his reggae music.

…but not every love story lasts forever…

Ina Müller has a late-night show in Germany that is funny and also features new artists musically. She likes the good old blues…

…and remember “Never Again Alcohol” is funky

Then the good times will come back and the hangover will subside

1 Like

Some good German Power Metal for the next stage of today’s drive

1 Like