Music Lovers: Post Some YouTube Clips šŸ“¹

Sure, the sound quality can be awful, but there are some incredible performances, clips, vinyl transfers, archives, etc out there that you canā€™t find anywhere else.

Post something you love :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll start:

In these days of AutoTune, I find the rawness of this performance especially touching.

11 Likes

You have to see this then.
The Tedeschi Trucks Band, ā€˜Angel in Harlemā€™ the audio quality is great too.

Angel in Harlem

10 Likes

Corny but likeable

1 Like

I am also very proud of this. The Great Anne McCue from Australia came to play for us at The Little Rabbit Barn.
I filmed a lot of the close up guitar on my Handheld Sony digital SLR camera as it was overheating in my hands.
It cut out a few times on the night but I persisted and we got this magic performance of ā€˜Driving Down Alveradoā€™
The audio quality is great tooā€¦ Enjoyā€¦

5 Likes

Jesus wept.

6 Likes

I wept.

9 Likes

That song gets me every timeā€¦ I just checked and Iā€™ve listened to the original 18 times this year :wink:

Had to go back and see if I could find a live performance by Etta. This and this both have their momentsā€¦

3 Likes

As grainy as sandpaper getsā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve both their solo efforts and joint efforts. Theyā€™re individually very good, but great together.

1 Like

Itā€™s not often a classic is done justice by a relative newcomer

5 Likes

So yeah. A couple of years ago I watched this and, yeah, I teared up a little bit.

7 Likes

Thanks for reminding me, awesome clip that.

Callas is God. Period. (That is, to me :wink:.) One note and Iā€™m weeping, time and time again.

7 Likes

Leon Bridges was lovely, thatā€™s the magic of close and personal music.
So in this vein here is something from my friend Sam Millarā€™s fledgling UK Americana bar.
https://youtu.be/TITvCh_0kSw

Earl Okin. Jazz lovers, stay tunedā€¦

My pick: Paul Wallfisch and ā€œAnd The Wiremenā€ playing Lou Reedā€™s ā€œConey Island Babyā€. Quality warning: audience recording.

Why I love this one? Because I was there that night, and it was a magical experience live there. Glad somebody recorded it and put it out there. Wonderful memory of that night.

1 Like

Iā€™m always returning to this Shakey Graves live session. This song in particular I love.

2 Likes

Grace canā€™t bear to sing about giving lives in sacrifice and Joe Satriani needed a tighter leash, but thereā€™s nothing about Steve Kimockā€™s trumpet I donā€™t like:

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/bfeXPJKOQHE

Callas again. The voice is extraordinary but itā€™s when you see her that it all makes sense. Nobody comes near her

Wow, thatā€™s about as tame/polite as a virtuoso shredder can be at a jam session. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve seen him live 3 times as a reference.

1 Like

A short selection from my favourites:

2 Likes