Music Lovers: Post Some YouTube Clips 📹

Not much of a video but the track is awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

There is hope!

3 Likes

This new Rammstein video is pretty epic

1 Like

classic

This is a Facebook link, the original video is on YouTube. We were flattered that Matt Owens posted this…

1 Like

Paul McClure came to play our last show on 2022 and closed his set with this beautiful song written about his daughter…

1 Like

Harem Scarem (Christopher Marshall & Charlie Marshall)

Arguable one of the greatest Australian live bands (bar none) & one of the greatest vocalists; albeit the band was shortlived. Notwithstanding, the band itself later became a ‘who’s who’ of nigh on legendary musicians, including Charlie, Chris Wilson, Barry Palmer etc.

Playing crazy & wild live shows on the back of the Dogman ep (1984) that was rough, raw & bluesy. Chris was, at an early age, a master performer with a voice that belied his young years. He and the band were simply captivating.

Full ep here
(It is ‘rough’, yet still one of my all time fav releases - the vinyl I cherish)

Alas, all of their recorded output could never capture the raw energy of their live shows, which to this day have beomce storied and almost written into folklore.

Hard Rain (1986)
(Their only official video)
Note - not sure what they’ve done to the sound here: "Now remastered and with enhanced vision correction,"but it sounds off.

Life courses various paths and it wasn’t long after that Chris left the band & Charlie made a final Harem Scarem album that really was a departure and that was it.

Chris left the band to become a University lecturer and Charlie I came across doing his PhD, whilst I was still an undergrad.

Charlie, albeit sporadic remained in the industry, whilst Chris literally left the industry for years.

Fast forward to now & Chris is back. It’s not quite the band that was, but his voice is still there, perhaps not as powerful.

The Christopher Marshall Predestination
Hard Rain (2022)
(Charlie playing the strat, unusually not his trusty Tele)

Beck
Old Man (9 Dec, 2022)

No idea as yet if Beck plans on doing an entire covers album or for that matter his motivation for this cover. It sounds great, just that it’s virtually a complete copy of the original, albeit without Uncle Neil’s vocals, so I’m hearing no originality in this cover - for some a good thing, others perhaps not so!

Stream/download “Old Man” now: http://beck.to/oldmanID

2 Likes

It’s Christmas

These guys are fabulous.

3 Likes

@UliR You’re not wrong, if I was listening to that on the radio I would be thinking that was done mostly on synth’s.

1 Like

I couldn’t only post one of these performances from GusGus, both recorded in a hostel in Iceland for KEXP but a few years apart. I stumbled onto them on YouTube a few years ago and have gone deep down the GusGus rabbit hole since then. Even if you don’t like Electronic music, the first is well worth a listen IMO. I wish I’d been in that room…

Arabian Horse:

Crossfade:

2 Likes

Have seen GusGus many times and they are absolutely gorgeous. And very nice guys to talk to as well!

1 Like

Very jealous! I need to get to a show next time they are in London.

Their live stream ‘Mobile Home: Live’ concert during lockdown was great, I wish they’d sell it for re watching :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

If there is a chance, go and see them. Their live sound is fantastic, warm and like playing an analogue recording. And in fact they partly use very old equipment which indeed is analogue…

1 Like

This is a piece of pure magic from Mim Grey with Pete Billington on piano…

I have to pinch myself that I get to film this stuff…

And now for something more lively…

1 Like

…tis the season…

Happy holidays everyone!
pbg

2 Likes

Goosebumps, anyone?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Fresh out of the oven.

2 Likes