Music skips and static with convolution filter

Has anyone experienced music skipping and with static while applying convolution filters? This has happened with several different filters now and seems rather sporadic and unpredictable. Generally, (but not always) it happens at the beginning of a track, seems like it happens mostly if I haven’t played the track at all or for awhile, ocurs both from libary and Tidal, is not repeatable or if it does repeat, doesn’t skip in the same manner.

For instance, I just loaded Mozart Symphony in A minor “Odense” by Hogwood and AAM. It opens with some sharp, crisp violining. It skipped very badly. I removed the filter and it went away. I then reapplied the filter and it’s playing fine.

My setup is that I’m running a Nuc+. Currently have an internal SSD, but this also occurred when I was running a NAS. I am upsampling to 384k, the limits of my DAC. Removing the upsample sometimes helps but not always. Processing power remains high with the upsample (usually in the 8-10 range). I have added headroom at times but it has still occurred, and did occur when in fact I saw some clipping. I’ve sent some filters to @support but haven’t heard anything from them.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue with convolution filter