Music stops plaiying

Hi, running core on a mac mini (2011, High Sierra, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory), with the music on a NAS (synology DS212, 1.6 GHz clock rate, 256 MB memory.

The music stops playing, more often lately, (I have tried to clear the cache numerous times as I heard that works sometimes), when playing to a Roon endpoint on my NUC Intel NUC7PJYH with 8gb memory to a Lampizator Atlantic Dac using Combo384 Amanero chip via USB. Ethernet connects the system.

I don’t get the stoppages when I play from the Mac Mini Core via the NAS to my Desktop iMac (High Sierra, 2.5 GHz i5, 12 GB memory.

So far tonight 7/30/19 at 9:51 pm, 9:53, 9:59, 10:00, 10:03 twice, and 10:05.

Hi @Jason_Finn,

Just to verify, this only occurs when playing to the Lampizator Atlantic Dac, correct?

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to this device, as well as a screenshot of Device Setup?

Is this a Windows remote device? How is it connected to the network? Can you describe the networking hardware in use here?

Dylan, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it seems to be only with the NUC and Lampizator. I tested airplay today and it seems to work fine with Tidal and the songs on the NAS.

Yes, the NUC is a windows remote device, connected via Ethernet. I put Roon on the device via a flashdrive that has Win 10n on it.

I also get random stops and starts on my system. NAS (stores music), Mac Mini (Roon Core), NUC Intel NUC7PJYH with 8gb memory (roon endpoint) to Lampizator DAC.

Jason

This is what I am running on the NUC.

Hi @Jason_Finn,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots. You mentioned that this behavior only occurs with the NUC being connected to the Lampizator, can you please confirm if the behavior is the same when the Lampizator is connected directly to the Core as a temporary test?

Testing Mac Mini Roon core and Ethernet connected and connected to LampizatOr via USB now. Playing both tidal and NAS tracks.

So far so good. Okay, so what do you suggest I do about the NUC setup to possibly fix it?

A hiccup at 4:27 pm EST as it skipped a track that it said was loading slowly from my NAS.

All Tidal tracks after that load fine, but at 4:35 another track from my NAS did not start right away but after 5 seconds it played fine.

Reinstalled RoonBridge on NUC and rebooted it. Seems to be working so far. Put Boot Mode on audiolinuxEXTREME as the only difference from before. Though I have noticed in the last few weeks Roon is always rescanning and adding music. It’s always spinning the indexing icon in the upper right of the screen.

Hi @Jason_Finn,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved since switching the boot mode for the NAS endpoint!

Can you click on it and then share a screenshot of the information it is displaying? It should look something like this:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.