Music to Reduce Stress

While I think it is always important to reduce stress, it, imho, is even more so now. So, this is a thread to post relaxing, soothing music for others to explore.

I’ll go first.

The grand daddy of Ambient Music, the one that, imho, began it all, very soothing.

11 Likes

RoonShareImage-637197873348749468

8 Likes

Agreed. So here are my go-to stress relieving albums. Both very good.

RoonShareImage-637198097222747100

RoonShareImage-637198097536855200

There’s some interesting info on the second album here.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637192056790329832

2 Likes

I love island songs. I will try out the second album.

1 Like

5 Likes

Just marvellous.

3 Likes

Some great suggestions here - many thanks. If you’ve eight hours to spare…

4 Likes

1 Like

Shoot, Geoff, that’s a good one! Now, on some rare occasions, I can imagine it’s not enough and something like this is more effective :slight_smile:

10 Likes

But in general, I would argue this does a better job, that is, if one hasn’t got eight hours to spare:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yep, this would be in my list too. I just wish it was a bit longer than 24 minutes.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637199516258087840

1 Like

This Eno album has “saved” me in numerous times of stress. Listening to a familiar track/album has a soothing effect; you sort of know (Pavlov’s dog) it will ease the mind eventually :slight_smile:

One of my favourite albums of all time, Great choice :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Two other favourites:

4 Likes

Here’s a suggestion from an experimental electronica artist that I find really good in helping de-stress.

The use of live drums takes the track to another level.

More of Kayla’s music can be found on bandcamp - https://kaylapainter.bandcamp.com/

Enjoy!
Nick

How about having a themed collaborative playlist for community members to add track recommendations to?

To get the ball rolling I have set-up a new playlist on Qobuz that we can all add to.

I suggest one track per album, so help people get a feel for it.

Here’s the link: https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2830677

Post here once you have added a song.

Happy listening!
Nick

PS. I have set-up a daily one-way copy to Spotify for anyone who wants to play the tracks on there

PPS I do not have a Tidal account at the moment unfortunately

2 Likes