Music to Reduce Stress

While I think it is always important to reduce stress, it, imho, is even more so now. So, this is a thread to post relaxing, soothing music for others to explore.

I’ll go first.

The grand daddy of Ambient Music, the one that, imho, began it all, very soothing.

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637197873348749468

6 Likes

Agreed. So here are my go-to stress relieving albums. Both very good.

RoonShareImage-637198097222747100

RoonShareImage-637198097536855200

There’s some interesting info on the second album here.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637192056790329832

2 Likes

I love island songs. I will try out the second album.

1 Like

5 Likes

Just marvellous.

3 Likes

Some great suggestions here - many thanks. If you’ve eight hours to spare…

4 Likes

1 Like

Shoot, Geoff, that’s a good one! Now, on some rare occasions, I can imagine it’s not enough and something like this is more effective :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But in general, I would argue this does a better job, that is, if one hasn’t got eight hours to spare:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yep, this would be in my list too. I just wish it was a bit longer than 24 minutes.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637199516258087840

This Eno album has “saved” me in numerous times of stress. Listening to a familiar track/album has a soothing effect; you sort of know (Pavlov’s dog) it will ease the mind eventually :slight_smile:

One of my favourite albums of all time, Great choice :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Two other favourites:

3 Likes

Here’s a suggestion from an experimental electronica artist that I find really good in helping de-stress.

The use of live drums takes the track to another level.

More of Kayla’s music can be found on bandcamp - https://kaylapainter.bandcamp.com/

Enjoy!
Nick

How about having a themed collaborative playlist for community members to add track recommendations to?

To get the ball rolling I have set-up a new playlist on Qobuz that we can all add to.

I suggest one track per album, so help people get a feel for it.

Here’s the link: https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2830677

Post here once you have added a song.

Happy listening!
Nick

PS. I have set-up a daily one-way copy to Spotify for anyone who wants to play the tracks on there

PPS I do not have a Tidal account at the moment unfortunately

1 Like