Music to Reduce Stress

This is a playlist I put together that ran on Qobuz last year.

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2385311

Man, I’m with you brother. I’ll contribute and say pretty much anything from the ECM label- jazz related. But specifically, I’m listening to Ralph Towner & Gary Burton - Matchbox. Doesn’t get too much more chill than this disc.

I just posted a track from this album in another thread; only to realise that this fits the topic here for me (today at least :smile:). Sure there are plenty of other albums that would meet the brief for me, but as this was just in my mind it is:

Ghosteen

Sure, the subject matter may seem to be the antithesis of this thread. However, musically it certainly feels right at home & I musically it is ethereal and transcendent.

1 Like

Grump
Shoot, Geoff, that’s a good one! Now, on some rare occasions, I can imagine it’s not enough and something like this is more effective :slight_smile:

More Rage than Rage here for you Grump (for stress relief :thinking:)

1 Like

My long term “chill before” piece

Just one of many recordings …

1 Like

Maybe someone can help me and show me how to get this music into Roon and /or Tidal. I know I can go to Tidal and type in the info and search but my guess is there is an easier way? Sorry but I’m just a guy who likes to listen and not savvy about the technical aspects.

I search in Roon, find the album and then hit “Add to Library”. I may take the time to make a Tidal playlist if that helps…

1 Like

Thanks I thought there might be a more automatic way. I’ll continue to, as you said, go to Tidal and search.

Looking forward to checking out these suggestions, here is mine:

The first track has a brief rap on it, but from there its pure relaxation for me.

Anything by Diana Krall.

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

Piano and voice harmonize especially well here and soothe mind and soul

Heart of the Universe - Song of Your Heart - Carry Me

RoonShareImage-637662150283088423

2 Likes

Hate to be the boring one here but truly most any music is a stress reliever for me. The exception being…
Afraid that soothing ambient type music really has somewhat the opposite effect on myself!
I need to be deeply drawn into the atmosphere to truly appreciate it and start to unwind.

But possibly any of these two always hit the spot…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Music affects everyone differently, but music is always stress relief in any case. This is lost only when you are not open or distracted. Every sound needs attention and not in every situation you can show it with every sound.

10cc / Supertramp already belongs in the quieter corner of rock, but I would take the first two pieces rather when dancing and not for quiet relaxation. But I am also a bear :wink:

Also nice to be reminded of the old school days with Supertramp and every dreamer jumps straight to track no. 5

1 Like

I agree, most all music is a stress reliever. But sometimes I rely on the default stuff.

4 Likes

Hmm. Okay. Then try this one, you might find it more in your wheelhouse.

Some chilled out selections from my library. Hope you enjoy

3 Likes