Music to Reduce Stress

Only ever heard/ heard of Mercury Rev out of that lot.
Thank you and will try out a few.

Almost any music reduces stress for me, particularly when combined with alcohol!

2 Likes

I have a few of those albums and the Melody A.M. album is very relaxing and calming. I often used to put that on late at night while traveling.

Now it tends to be be heavy Doom :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

To relax to??:astonished:

We are all different. I have just finished that Vermillia album again, just fantastic.
But there is Doom and there is heavy dark Doom, that does not go on late at night :grin:

You could try some Carbon Based Lifeforms as well. But more in the Ambient genre, though I like them

Love em, but, too rhythmic for ambient, imho.

1 Like

Hope you enjoy at least some of them. Surprised you hadn’t heard Solid Air before, a bit of classic, but on reflection maybe just here in the UK.

Thank you for this chill moments and try this (not typically for John Martyn) more modern chill is not possible

or this:

dark space chill

2 Likes

This album is beautiful.

Shame it’s not available via streaming…

2 Likes

Two from my happy place.

Schubert piano sonata D.894 , just melt into it :pensive:

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637663725459577578

2 Likes

Before the good night the soft sounds

…do not start early in the morning with heavy metal

…in paradise everything is beautiful

2 Likes

Love the Chillout Rooftop @ Sunset series, thanks for posting. Reminds me of the Cafe del Mar series

2 Likes

2 Likes

A question turned into a wonderfully reassuring recommendation for me:

GB (wild) old school chill

modern german chill

1 Like

Listen on the web, through their app, or as Roon live radio channels. Hundreds of channels in various genres, all on the “calm” side.

2 Likes

When the day is slow and sunny (like today was here in the UK) I often spin this album. Well worth a listen if you are feeling laid back

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637664482567747560

This is one of my favorite versions of the cello suites by Bach, but almost any of the large number of recordings out there will serve to cool things down…

3 Likes

Agreed … including some of the more unusual versions. I’m a big fan of both of the following:

RoonShareImage-637682540511118590

RoonShareImage-637682542850388810

3 Likes