MusicBrainz for creating tags

Remember the sell here was you wouldn’t be doing it 1 x 1 like with MusicBrainz . . .

1 Like

you never stop learning…seems to be no other way…
when I think that my mother will be 100 in May, I’m only 62…

1 Like

Correct, Mathias have you actually tried running SongKong on your whole collection yet ?

That will do much of the work for you, of course its not going to identify all those bootlegs but it will identify some of them, plus improve metadata for your other releases.

Only after dong this does it make sense to do one by one for those albums that could not be identified.

1 Like

I recommend in the most sincere ways, back all your music up elsewhere first. In general I recommend this but I’m a nerd so.

Compilations, box sets, singles. Yeah, backups are good.

1 Like

I Never will do so…
of the first 10 bootlegs I tested, I had to delete the correction on 4 of them…for example:
Eric Clapton Royal Albert Hall 2015 war readet as RAH 2003…have to check each file for correctnes…(no translator)

I have already experienced the point of backups, I have about 4 backups…

1 Like

Bootleg metadata may not be as good as official release, and of course it is up to you but there are more efficient ways to check things then you are doing, you can run in preview mode and look at the main report or use the spreadsheet view to quickly check masses of data. You can also use Undo Fixes to undo changes on a folder, you can do this on individual folders even if Fix Songs was run on a larger set of data.

I´m collector since > 30years, the first years I lost a lot, since then I take a backup…and a backup of the backup…and a backup elsewhere…

thanks for the tip, i’ll try it…
but I don’t think I have the peace for that at the moment…too many construction sites…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.