My core upgraded to 2.0, my pc remotes are stuck at 1.8 legacy, how to upgrade them?

Core Machine: Lenovo Yoga 7i 11th Gen Core i5-1135G7 @ 2.4 GHz 8G RAM 256G SSD 3200x1800 resolution
Windows 11 Home Build 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Core is Ethernet connected to home network and NAS.

Description of Issue

I tried following the directions about upgrading to 2.0 and (surprise) it did not work. I upgraded my iOS device first, as per directions. I tried to upgrade my pc remotes next (although the directions did not explicitly say that was necessary) but that did not appear to be an option, so i went for broke and hit upgrade all. What seems to have happened is my Core upgraded to 2.0 while it put my pc remote at 1.8 Legacy.

There does not seem to be an option (when i try to connect my pc remote to the core) to upgrade it to 2.0. What gives? Do i need to de-install my 1.8 Legacy and re-download a new windows remote? Added a picture to show my situation, and the “Help Center” doesnt address this situation, at least to my apparently meager ability to search ;-).
IMG_3125

I downloaded the installer from the Roon website and just ran that. I do not recommend that at this point though. My Windows client successfully updated to 2.0, but now it reports that my server is on v1.8 (my Android remote and ARC apps both see it as 2.0 though).

I assume that this has something to do with the “legacy” ability they added…but that something is very broken. If I go to “Configure Roon OS Devices on your network” it reports that I’m on v1.8, but offers no way to update the core. I’m running headless on a ROCK NUC so I really don’t want to go through the hassle of installing that fresh. So far v2.0 doesn’t seem any less broken than v1.8 for me.

Hey @Philip_Minasian,

Ben here with the support team, my apologies for the delay in following up on this thread. After reviewing your account, it does appear that you’ve been able to successfully upgrade all your roon devices.

If this is not the case, certainly let me know! I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi Ben,
If you consider my pc’s being stuck on legacy as having been successfully upgraded, then the answer is yes. But I’m guessing that should not be the case, so the initial inquiry remains, thanks.
-phil

Hey @Philip_Minasian,

My apologies, it looks like you’re running both Roon server on a windows 11 that is on 2.0. For the windows 11 remotes, please try to manually install Roon 2.0 from our downloads page. Here is a direct link:

https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/Roon.dmg

Do let us know if this works!

should i manually uninstall the legacy first? is that needed?

Hey @Philip_Minasian,

No, you don’t have to uninstall legacy first.

1. Completely close out of Roon / RoonServer

2. Download the appropriate installer for your Core from the links below

3. Install and run

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.