My laptop "not compatible"

Turned on laptop today and got this message

What’s wrong?

1 Like

Now getting this -

“This version of Roon is not compatible with your database-- usually indicates Roon was downgraded after installing a version that changed the database format”

???

Wild guess but which version of OpenGL are you running ? Check minimum requirements

Thanks but I’m adrift here- where do I find that information?

Support- Help!

I’ve moved your post into the #support category of the forum, where it will be seen and responded to, by a member of the Support team.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below. Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon. Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on Wi-Fi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, e.g. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
USB
App 15000 tracks

@Stuart_Matheson, please post #support requests in a new thread. Thanks.

Therefore, to receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below. Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon. Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on Wi-Fi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, e.g. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Geoff
Are you looking at my problem now?
Thanks

Hi, @Stuart_Matheson. Could you, please, try turning off the compatibility mode for Roon app running on your machine as was suggested in this thread? It seems to be a solution for other people with a similar problem as the one you are describing here.

Thanks!

Ivan

Er, I’m not a member of the Support team, or even a member of Roon Labs staff. However, I notice that Ivan has made a suggestion - has that helped? If not, please fill out the details of your setup as we have requested. Thanks.

I’m getting my self into a deeper mess.
Unticked the box and then downloaded Roon. Seemed to be about to start but Tidal is not loading.

I’m been without Roon for three days and I dislike playing the Tidal app. Starting to regret downloading the update on Tuesday.

Roon please assist.

You shouldn’t have to download Roon again, just untick the box. Did it start then?

Are you saying that Roon is now working, but that you can’t access/play material from Tidal?

If so, please check that you are signed in to Tidal services in Roon: Settings > Services > Tidal.

If you are, then you could also try logging out and then logging in again to Tidal to see if that clears the issue.

I’m back. Took a long time but thanks

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.