Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
FiOS Internet and ASUS router WiFi
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB Connection to Pro-ject Pre Box S2 DAC with Audioengine speakers
Cheap Webcam with speakers on USB
Sonos system on WiFi
Description Of Issue
I just installed Roon. During installation, it recognized my two local (USB) outputs. I was playing songs through my Pro-ject DAC and connected Audioengine Speakers. I closed Roon and when I reopened Roon the local zones were gone. I rebooted the computer, went to Roon setting and refreshed my audio. Roon still cannot detect my local connections. I am using Tidal and QoBuz. It may have started when I logged into my QoBuz account for the first time but I am not sure? It does still recognize my Sonos system. Not a great experience for my first 15 minutes using Roon!
It is not clear, has this issue been solved? Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.
You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the .exe themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.
Re-installing may have cured the current symptoms; but, since you have not pinpointed the cause that does not mean the issue is solved. Have you closed and opened Roon again or tried re-booting the PC to verify that the zones persisted?
If a zone(s) “dissappear” it means that something is interfering with Roon “talking” with the audio devices. Noris was asking about the first and usually most obvious cause. But, if that was not the issue, then other things, like Realtek Audio Drivers, specifically the Nahimic 3D audio ones, can cause a similar symptom; “There on initial install, gone on reboot”.
Glad to hear you were able to sort this issue out with a reinstall of Roon. I would make sure that this issue is actually solved by rebooting the PC as @Rugby noted. If your audio devices are still present and accessible after a PC reboot, we can go ahead and close this thread, but if they go missing again please do let us know as there may be other underlying issues at play. Thanks!