My Roon is slower than maple syrup in November

Roon Core Machine

Macbook Pro 2017, 8 gb ram, 512 gb SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet (no wifi), 600/50 mips

Number of Tracks in Library

About 60.000 tracks

Description of Issue

The Roon software on my mac is sooo slow. Right now it uses between 80-100% of my system resources. (see screen dump)
When I start up Roon on my mac it takes several minutes before the start screen shows any kind of information on it. It takes even longer before audio sources turns up.
It is totally impossible to use my iPad Pro to connect to Roon. It can take more that five minutes, if the kernel replies at all.
If I try to search for a tune or an album, that can take 2 minutes… before any reply turns up, sometimes the search times out.
The sad part is that I absolutely love Roon, when it works.

At this time, Qobuz, is lightning fast and I have no problem with that what so ever. But it’s sad to only use Qobuz stand alone.

This problem I’ve had with this, the latest version and the previous version.

I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions?
Skärmavbild 2022-01-24 kl. 22.53.21

your network connection on the MBP is wifi or LAN? I know you said no wifi but please check this.can you show the memory tab in activity monitor too?

Hello Mr Fix,

Enclosed is the memory tab in my computers activity monitor.
Right now is Roon using just 2 gb of memory… just a while ago it was up on 3.15 gb

Skärmavbild 2022-01-25 kl. 21.12.56

Recommended setup is for a computer dedicated to Roon Core alone. From the screen grab it appears that both Roon Core and Remote are operating on the same computer used for Mail and several other applications. Is that correct or is this a screen grab from a computer other than the Core?

actually I want the full tab with the memory pressure and swap info in the lower panel…why send a portion of the info…?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.