My Roon Remote cannot see the Core

Hello,

I’m within the last two days of Roon my trial. The experience so far is superb, but I have two glitches that really make me rethink if I will keep the service:

• Roon remote app is not seeing the core when relaunched after some time
  • Roon remote app is not seeing the iPhone or MacBook as audio zones

I will describe the first issue here and launch a second topic for the second one.

Core:
Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 running innuOS ver 1.4.5
Roon Core Server integration with Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Core has the music library as well.

Network:
Core connected to LAN through Gb Ethernet to Cisco Switch provided by internet provider
Remote is using Wi-Fi network enabled by Netgear Orbi firmware V2.5.1.16

Audio Devices:
Using two Roon ready audio end points:

• Naim Audio Mu-so Qb2 version 4.2.0.6174 SDK 1.1.33 connected to Wi-Fi network
  • Naim Audio Uniti Nova version 3.4.0.4492 SDK 1.1.33 connected to LAN LAN through Gb Ethernet

Using as remotes:

• MacBook Pro 2012 macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 7 iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 11 pro iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Description Of Issue

When I launch the Roon remote, the app does not see any Roon Core. Relauching the app, restarting the phone or MacBook does not help. The way to get around is to disable and re-enable Roon at the Core.

This happens when I do not use the app for a while like overnight.

Best regards,
Tolga

Hello,

I’m within the last two days of Roon my trial. The experience so far is superb, but I have two glitches that really make me rethink if I will keep the service:

• Roon remote app is not seeing the core when relaunched after some time
  • Roon remote app is not seeing the iPhone or MacBook as audio zones

I will described the first issue at another topic and here I launch a second topic for the second one.

Core:
Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 running innuOS ver 1.4.5
Roon Core Server integration with Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Core has the music library as well.

Network:
Core connected to LAN through Gb Ethernet to Cisco Switch provided by internet provider
Remote is using Wi-Fi network enabled by Netgear Orbi firmware V2.5.1.16

Audio Devices:
Using two Roon ready audio end points:

• Naim Audio Mu-so Qb2 version 4.2.0.6174 SDK 1.1.33 connected to Wi-Fi network
  • Naim Audio Uniti Nova version 3.4.0.4492 SDK 1.1.33 connected to LAN LAN through Gb Ethernet

Using as remotes:

• MacBook Pro 2012 macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 7 iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 11 pro iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Description Of Issue

When I check for audio zones in the remote app, I almost never see the device from which I am running the app as one of the Audio Zones. When I could see them I have set them to be NOT Private, so in theory I should be able see and play music to them from any remote. This feature is not working and is a major drawback for me as I would like to be able to have mobility when I’m listening to my fav music.

Best regards,
Tolga

Hi @Tolga_Kutlu,

I have merged your two threads since I suspect that these symptoms might be related to each other.

What kind of Cisco switch are you using? Is it a managed switch or an un-managed one? Managed switches have sometimes caused issues with Roon in the past, as noted on our Networking Best Practices Guide.

If you can temporarily bypass the switch and have the Core connected to your Orbi router, that would be a good test. Also, as mentioned in Networking Best Practices Guide:

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.