My two separate devices wont connect to the Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on Windows 7 laptop.
Mobile device is Android.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Pro-ject stream box S2 ultra.

Description Of Issue
I went into the settings on the stream box and turned “Roon ON”.

On my Android device all it does is keep searching for the core.

On my laptop it errors out say “unable to find WGL functions”.

On all my devices im connecting wirelessly through WIFI. Im not a very tech savy guy so this has me very frustrated.

I just started my 14 day free trial and have yet to connect. Please help.

Hi @Gregory_Mitri — Thanks for reaching out!

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

To start, let’s focus on the Windows Core machine:

Can you share a screenshot of this error?

Honestly im more interested in getting the app to work on my Android device.

Hi George and Hi Dylan,

Sorry to drop in, but, George, from your post I get the feeling that you are trying to use the Android device and the Windows laptop as client devices to connect to a Roon Core (Server). I also get the feeling that you think the pro-ject stream box S2 ultra is a Roon Core, it is not.

The Pro-Ject Stream Box is an endpoint and does not run Roon Core (I still think of it as Server). A Roon Core runs on a computer. “Roon Ready” just means that the S2 will be seen by a Roon Core over the network and will auto-set the best setting for the device in Roon with minimal input and setup from you.

You might be able use the Windows Laptop as your Roon Server, if it meets the minimum hardware requirements for running the server. What is the make/model of the laptop?

My laptop is a HP and I think the model is x16 96072

Sorry its a HP 2000 Notebook PC

Sadly, there were a ton of different HP 2000’s with different CPU and memory configurations. Some did meet the requirements and some did not. The minimum requirements for a computer to run Roon Core are linked below.

Which are listed here:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What_are_the_minimum_requirements%3F

Could you recommend a device that would work with Roon that would be budget friendly? Maybe something that would be portable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.