Mytek Brooklyn Bridge ll with Roon…is it ever shipping?

So I signed up and paid Mytek for the Mytek BB upgrade with Roon in March of last year. Delivery has been postponed multiple times. I keep calling and told any day now, but nothing is happening. I’m starting to get an ‘I am screwed’ feeling. Am I? Anyone out there going thru this? Or has anyone actually received an upgrade? Is Mytek reputable? Do I have any options? I appreciate any help. They have told twice me that they are sending me the RMA paperwork (they have not) to return my old unit to them prior to shipment of the new one. I’m almost afraid to send it for fear I’ll never see the new unit and I’ll be totally screwed. Please help! Thanks

1 Like

Mytek is a shaky company. I was trying to decide between two of their DACs a few years ago. I ended up taking both to try at the recommendation of their CEO. When I decided and tried to return the one I didn’t want for a promised refund it took way too long to get my money. I was told that Mytek was attending a show and they implied that they couldn’t pay me my money because they didn’t have it because they presumably spent it on the show. They make great DACs but their financial situation would scare me off from sending them any money. Good luck.

1 Like

I got an email last week confirming the launch, plus an extension of the trade-in offer until end of March. They are also offering refurbished BB on their website.

I noticed a couple of Mytek products at a local HIFI store a couple of weeks ago in Perth. When I mentioned to a sales person that I was surprised to see Mytek products on view given their recent history I was told the store had maintained their relationship with the original Mytek developer who was shipping product once again?

I presume HEM are no longer doing their product manufacturing?

Mytek have a new manufacturing facility in Poland. I don’t know if it’s another partner or entirely their own operation. You can still submit support tickets relating to Mytek products made by HEM through the HEM website. I have seen nothing h about them selling any old Mytek products, though there must have been remaining inventory.

So no one is familiar with this upgrade process or whether anyone has received an upgraded unit?

2 Likes

I cannot remember, how many BB2 announcements fly into my inbox. Last one came in a week ago. As mentioned in another thread: as long as you don’t see one test report from famous Youtubers, there won’t be any commercial devices available on the market.
Time will show us, how serious Mytek will be. I loved their products, but lost trust in their promises and hence, went over to another brand.

No way I would ever do business with this company again, I was in the same boat with empty promises. I was fortunate to sell my 2 Mytek products at a significant discount and moved on, just my .02.

2 Likes

Better off with a Mac mini and a holo spring.

Just my $0.02

Or if you’re really on a budget.
Mac mini
Hqplayer
SMSL D-6

1 Like

Thanks for your $.02 but that’s not what i was asking for…and I disagree.

I have a BB. It’s nice but the D-6 with hqp is a step up.

And holo is in a league of its own.

1 Like

Roger that ! :laughing:

1 Like

I am in the same pattern you are…one year waiting for that upgraded unit. No communication except the report month after months of the process!

I too have been waiting. It has been 18 months so far. I did speak to the owner last week and he told me the are trickling in and shipping. I am in the middle of the wait list now but when I ordered mine I was in the top 10. How I got from top 10 to the middle is unknown. I can only think that people who paid the full amount and not the upgrade got moved up the line. The original BB is good. To have Roon built in would be excellent. Will it be worth the wait…???

Did Mytek change their website address? mytek.audio doesn’t seem to be working.

worked for me.

I think it’s funny they have Norah Jones Don’t know why displayed as the song on the Bridge…

maybe they don’t even know why it isn’t shipping! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s working now. Hopefully they ship one soon to someone with a web forum or social media account.

I “Paid in Fool” soon after the announcement and sold my BB1. It was a long, drawn out, stressful battle getting my money back. The dealer I bought through, Michal and myself were in a huge string of emails. In them we, kept getting new promise dates and then excuses and no money to refund stories. In then end, my dealer fought and threatened enough that I got all my money back. Happy to be past it and sorry to hear people are still facing this debacle.

2 Likes