Mytek Brooklyn Bridge ll with Roon…is it ever shipping?

Looks like first units arrive at customers

1 Like

Anyone have any updates on when BBllwill ship? Thanks!

I too have been waiting for about 18 months. No upgrade…just a flat out purchase. ALL of my email inquiries have gone unanswered. I have called in only to be met with a voicemail that says “…go to our website for information…” So @jstrouth" welcome to the club"!

Anybody with an update?

Same boat. That’s a lot of money down.

Michal is a member here. Let’s try bombarding him with messages. If that doesn’t work, maybe this needs to be very public by sending messages to every reviewer and dealer. I have been told several lies about when my unit will ship and it is extremely frustrating.

Or maybe you could look at the bigger picture here which is that this is beyond Myteks control. It is neither an act of malice or deceit. But it would appear you want the company to fold if they are unable to deliver and I would have to ask why that is?

Well, Henry, please don’t put words in my mouth. And you are wrong. Michal has certainly been deceitful by lying point blank on multiple occasions. And since he has been using my money for nearly 2 years without any real transparency into what is going on or when he will fulfill his obligations to his customers, I think one could indeed argue that his behavior has been malicious. At the very least very demonstrating extremely poor business acumen and a disregard for the folks paying his bills. If you will read the thread, you will see that I was supposedly #43 in the queue (per Michal) and there have supposedly been two runs of 30 units. I think that if a company treats its customers this way they do not deserve loyalty and they should certainly expect their actions to be made public so that other prospective customers can have facts before dealing with them. If that causes their failure, that’s on them.

2 Likes

6 months would be frustrating, a year ridiculous, 2 years I’d kiss that money goodbye. “neither an act of malice or deceit”? It certainly sounds like both to me. I’ve owned an original Brooklyn DAC since 2016 and really like it. I do hope Mytek turns the corner and survives, but I’m with you - 2 years is just beyond reasonable. Mytek does have control here - they should return your money full stop.

2 Likes

In the interest of accuracy, looking back I see that I actually paid my money in March, 2022…I guess it just seems like two years. But it doesn’t change my point.

Accuracy is important.
I’ve not got any skin in this game so I’m not going to fight on behalf of Mytek. But I do know they have had a tough time and this just strikes me as a way of guaranteeing you don’t get your money back. If they fold you won’t see a penny. If they don’t you might see a worthy product. I simply think turning the thumb screws tighter isn’t helping achieve the outcome that most benefits you.

Many companies have had a ‘tough time’ over the past 3 years. There has been zero transparency into what comprised that ‘tough time’. It isn’t enough to cry “supply chain” when you have made promises and taken peoples’ money. Perhaps you have insights into their ‘tough time’ that I do not and that have not been shared by Mytek. If so, please share them.
Don’t get me wrong, I am - was - a fan. That’s why I paid my money for the upgrade. But I’m not a fan of being lied to point blank over and over. That is simply unacceptable and deserves to be in the public record.
Michal would have been better off had he been honest and forthcoming about his troubles. Reasonable folks like me would have been more patient had they been told the truth and treated like partners (we are, after all, financing his venture) rather than fed lies. Perhaps you can overlook the intentional deceit. I cannot. I very much hope to receive a worthy product at some point. But the very fact that Michal has not reached out to us speaks volumes in my view.

6 Likes

Accuracy is, indeed, important. This applies as much to Mytek as anyone. Tough time or not, there is zero excuse for not replying to or contacting people who have paid money up front in good faith. They are at least entitled to truthful updates and offers of refund if timescales are not fulfilled. I almost got caught up in this myself, but decided that I had too many doubts and that it was best to wait for the dust to settle. They’ve lost me as an upgrade customer now, as I’ve moved on to Cary Audio. I still have my BB and two Amps though.

1 Like

I bought the Brooklyn II on March 22, 2022 and still waiting. The worst thing is they don’t answer emails or inquiries in their web page anymore. This is no way to treat a loyal customer.

2 Likes

For those looking for updates about Brooklyn Bridge II. I just got an email from them and there is a link that shows they expect it to ship in 6weeks (I got the email as a previous customer, not because I’d ordered the BB II)

“BACKORDERED (ETA. 6 WEEKS - updated July 20, 2023). Because of the demand for BBridge higher than our current production output, the backorder situation is expected to continue until the Fall”

I am in the same boat. I placed the upgrade order early last year. Tried calling them, and emailing them, and got absolutely no response. I want my refund…

End of June, a very nice Swiss retailer, lent me a demo unit until I get mine delivered.

I was thrilled:

The Roon core was snappy and reliable

The sound was great, detailed and with a fine and airy sound stage

The MC phono preamp wasn’t that great with my REGA P8, but it didn’t really matter.

The web interface wasn’t available yet (deployment this fall)

One thing though, the unit got very warm, despite it being on a top shelf with lots of space around and above…

After three weeks of using it 5-10 hrs per day it stopped working properly, the sound would start collapsing on one channel… I sent it back to my retailer…

Haven’t heard back what could be the cause, only that it was the only occurrence of that happening to any of the (demo?) units shipped.

What I got told though, was that they are also working on a heat pipe solution similar to what is used in laptops instead of a simple noisy fan to regulate the temperature of the BB2…

And right now they are waiting for the heatpipes to be delivered …

Note that this change in design is good, the normal fan was quite loud and that is not what you want from a Roon Core that is always on…

Last I heard is that they will start shipping in a week or so… but I’ve heard that before too…

If’s and but’s, candy and nuts :christmas_tree:

Mytek had a unit to send to Stereophile magazine (now on the recommended gear list even) shame they don’t care about their customers that have already paid in advance. But they are still going to take more orders from unknowing people.
“ Want to buy a bridge?” The parallels to Mr Ponzi are almost comical.

1 Like

I am with you, I also paid in full and still waiting…

I don’t think it is a Ponzi, but rather an incredible streak of unfortunate events or a series of bad management decisions, or a mixture of both…

Magazines or YouTubers have to sell content and don’t care about us…

Point is that we lost faith and it won’t be long before the international retailers also lose it, unless Mytek get their act together, start to communicate more openly and above all SHIP the units…

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with the problem being a mixture of unfortunate circumstances and mis-management. The former could be overcome by honesty and transparency and some level of loyalty to customers. The latter has to lay squarely in Michal’s lap. He sent me a nice email on 8/1/23 telling me a new batch that included my unit would begin shipping on 8/20. I don’t think you need more than one quests to know if that happened. Emails to him since have gone unanswered.
I am an optimist. I hope the latest delay has to do with the heat dissipation tubing mentioned above and that will be shipped imminently.
It would be simple, though, for Michal to simply shoot straight with us who are waiting. He may be a great designer, but he sure could use a good customer service partner … before it’s too late for Mytek.

2 Likes

Just checking, did anyone get their BBII?