Mytek Brooklyn Bridge ll with Roon…is it ever shipping?

Maybe they’re still on the waiting list to get on the Paul Hynes power supply build calendar.

1 Like

Got a tracking number for FedEx economy… slowly getting there :slight_smile:

I bought one at a local dealer yesterday. So something is happening.

So what’s your secret? Any advice to try to get mine coming?

1 Like

Where is your dealer? Do you know if your unit addresses the heating issue?

1 Like

In Switzerland, and his secret was one mail a day for the last 6 months plus phone calls…

Mine is supposed to have the new heat pipe cooling solution, yes…
Will be able to confirm that next week :wink:

Copenhagen, Denmark. He was promised one a good while back and finally got it a couple of days ago.

My BB2 has a fan, so no heat piping.

Hello Lasse,
Any feedback on the performance of current made BB2 then? I had a demo version already twice in May for a few days. First with some bugs even like swapped chanels. Second time it was much better - there were already some software updates, I did at least 1 myself, including cooling fan control etc. I observed myself - BB2 delivers quite amout of heat. Anyway I was impressed with sound quality - wide and open scene, clarity, transparency and precision of details.

I’m still breaking it in, but first impressions regarding the sonic capabilities are very postive. Both the phono preamp and the DAC sound detailed, great instrument separation, soundstage width and depth, etc.

I’m having some trouble with the Roon core though after the last firmware update though (first setup was a breeze - now it won’t show up on the iOS Roon apps on my phone or tablet). And the manual is atrociusly bad, no explanations for anything - not even how to power the thing on or off (I figured that out by reading the BB1 manual …). The lack of a remote or app to control the system is really annoying. They mention some form of remote interface, but it is impossible to find anything about it on the Mytek homepage or indeed anywhere on the net.

In terms of heat I’ve had worse electronics, but it gets a bit hot. Nothing I would worry about heading into winter :wink:

I really like the sonic performance so far, but in terms of everything else, the product doesn’t seem finished TBH. They should start by updating the manual with descriptions of basic functionality.

Haven’t got mine yet… fedex economy is taking ages…
Last I heard about the interface, was that it would get deployed this Fall via update.

I also used the BBiI loaner I had this summer with my rega P8 and a MC cartridge and the humming was unbearable (probably due to lack of fine settings in the BBII).
Mytek’s answer to that was basically that if I invested in such a nice TT I would certainly not be using the BBII as a phono preamp…

Regarding the sonic performance, it is not much better than my Node X, which I have modified to use an external PSU and it is miles away from my T+A DAC 200 with a Mac M2 and HQ player (the latter being better)…

Strange as I got the Apple remote together in the box. Anyway have not verified it works?

Hmm, I’ll contact the dealer about the remote.

The manual mentions the remote, the Mytek website doesn’t mention the remote, and there is no menu item for remotes.

:man_shrugging:

The BB II has been shown on Darko’s last two videos on Apple Music and Bluetooth streaming but he’s not really discussed it or gave an opinion on it. I assume a review video will be imminent.

@Ralphyman. It’s not quite comparing apples with apples, but I have the original BB and I use the phono stage with my Rega 6 and there is zero humming. I used to have a Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL phono stage and I didn’t hear any real reduction in quality using the BB phono stage.

But Kevin, MM or MC on your rega 6?

@Ralphyman - MC as well.

1 Like

Perhaps it was the loaner I had, note that it stopped working after 3 weeks…

1 Like

Finally got mine this morning and it has the new cooling solution…
Haven’t plugged it in yet, will let you know later :wink:

Thx Ralphyman,
Looks like the goal of cooling is NUC’s CPU (Intel i5) using copper pipe connected directly with the fun. It means also fan will not disappear what I thought will happen and it’s hum will still exist. Question how strong? On the picture I combined different versions of PCBs to show the evolution. Looking forward to your listening impressions.

2 Likes

Congrats to those of you who have received their BBll upgrade. Unfortunately I have not been so lucky. I paid over a year and a half ago, was supposedly number 43 in the queue, and was sent an email telling me it would ship this past August 20. Do any of you folks have any advice on how I can get my unit? Does anyone have a direct text number to Michael? He doesn’t seem to want to answer the phone and he won’t answer emails. This is a very frustrating situation .

1 Like

I don’t have any advice on how to get it faster…
I went through a retailer that exacted quite some pressure to get mine… he perhaps had a little more leverage than you have.
I find it unfair for you…

Regarding the new fan’s noise level, as long as you stay on the lowest level, you can hardly hear it.
But as soon as you go on the mid or high level it becomes more noticeable by a lot, the fan itself is very high pitched… more than the normal one.
The lowest level seems to suffice though, as the BBII is not getting as hot anymore, so great improvement compared to the regular fan :slight_smile:

On the sound itself, my BBII isn’t burnt in yet and for now, compared to my T+A DAC 200, the soundstage is a bit narrower and overall less detailed, but it is ok.