Mytek DAC 192 - USB 1.1 working on Windows Server 2012 with Roon. USB2 stops playing after a while

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I have a Mytek 192 DSD Dac. I contacted Mytek support and they recommended USB 1.1. This works with Roon in Windows Server 2012 R2 with Audiophile optimizer forever but then I have only 96khz instead of 192 kHz support. How can I get it running with USB 2.0? With USB 2.0 Roon stops playing after a while. Sometimes after 30 minutes and sometimes after 2 hours. With Jriver no problems at all.

I am using ppa USB-Karte with a PPA PICO PSU linear power supply where the DAC is connected to
Core™ i5-3470 HR5I23
DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit IDIFG7JA
H77M GRIR32 €
picoPSU-150 DC/DC (150 Watt) + AC/DC 120W Adapter + Stromkabel [Bundle]
Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminium Thermal Compound - 5g
Panasonic - UJ-875A - DVD Laufwerk
Cubitek Black Cobra Series 4-Pin ATX12V Verlängerung - 30cm
Western Digital Blue, SATA II, 5400RPM, 2,5 Zoll - 1 TB
Akasa Proslim SATA 3 Kabel 15cm gerade - black
Streacom ST-FC5B EVO HTPC Fanless Aluminium Gehäuse - schwarz
Samsung 840 Series 2,5 Zoll SSD, SATA 6G - 120GB
TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet
Fritzbox

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audio-PC to Mytek DAC 192 to XLR

TEXT GOES HERE

USB 1.1. connected no problems but only sampling up to 96khz. With USB 2 music just stops playing after a while without error message. Not sure what the problem is.

TEXT GOES HERE

Do you experience the same problem when you connect the USB 2.0 port on the Mytek to a USB port that’s on the motherboard of the PC?

Do you have the MyTek USB driver installed? I wonder if the MyTek USB driver supports Windows Server 2012 R2. I only see these explicitly supported: Windows 10,8, 7, XP.

Of course, this does not explain why JRiver has been more reliable. Just trying to help you isolate the problem. Good luck!

Hi @Timur_Oezer,

I’d like to second David’s suggestions above — Do you have the USB driver installed? If it is installed already, can you try uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

Do you have any other machine that you can temporarily connect the Mytek to? I’d be curious to know if it’s limited to Windows Server or if another machine exhibits the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.