NAD 3050 LE Roon streaming issues

Roon Core Machine:

Mac Mini OS12.4, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM

Description Of Issue

I’m having issues with Roon streaming to the NAD 3050 LE. It worked fine upon initial set up, but after a few days has stopped working. I am able to initiate playback via the BluOS app with no problems. Roon sees the device and initiates streaming, but there is no audio and it times out, moves on to the next track etc. but ultimately fails. I am able to stream to the device via Roon using AirPlay. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps, such Rebooting the DAC and Roon Core?

Bill, welcome, and we all feel your pain. (But congrats on your parents’ elegant choice of name!)

Have you looked at the Roon log files? On the Mac?

How are you connected to the NAD? WiFi or via the Ethernet jack?

I’m awaiting delivery of one of these too. Hopefully your problem will be resolved

I have the BluOS-D module installed in my NAD C 399 – same module comes pre-installed in the 3050 LE – and stream to it from the Roon app.

1. Have you installed all available software updates from NAD for your amp and the BlueOS-D module? As I recall, there were a few ready for download when I first turned on the amp.

2. You mentioned streaming from Roon via AirPlay. In your Roon app, do you see the NAD endpoint under the Roon Ready heading? If so, can you stream to the 3050 LE non-AirPlay endpoint from the Roon app?

Hi Bill - thanks for your quick response. After a bunch of troubleshooting, I finally just unplugged the NAD 3050 and rebooted and, as is often the case, that solved the issue! When in doubt, reboot!

4 Likes

Paul, I was able to solve the issue after rebooting the NAD 3050. Being a newbie to Roon, I assumed it was some other issue and should have tried rebooting the NAD before going through all the other problem solving steps I tried. Enjoy your 3050 LE - it’s a beautiful device!

1 Like

Hey there, the issue was solved by rebooting the NAD. Prior to rebooting I was seeing the 3050 as an enabled end point (and it worked previously, but it just stopped working though it showed up as being enabled and would try to stream via WiFi but ultimately timed out. I had also enabled AirPlay on the NAD and that was working fine… thanks for your help!

Ah, but having to reboot when nothing else has changed is not a fix – it’s another symptom of the problem.

Just got this today on my my M33 , seems to address a couple of things. Use your BluOs app to update.

@Bill_Janssen @bill_holmes , I recall when I first started using Roon on my M33 it took a little bit of opening introduction between the NAD and ROON, using the BluOs app and the Roon and perhaps a power cycle the handshake was made and they have been great partners since.

2 Likes

Thanks! Android BluOS seemed to already have support for the C 3050 LE, and it’s been flawless (on WiFi) for the past week. But I installed the update anyway!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.