NAD M10 bluos not certified

I am very interested in the NAD M33 - it promises to be a great unit which may offer everything I want. However, after reading as much as I have about NAD and Bluesound issues with Roon, and NAD/Bluesound’s very slow responsiveness to admit to Roon-compatibility problems and then to do anything about them, I am very hesitant to invest in an M33 until it is actually designated as Roon Ready. If you look at the list of how many NAD products have actually received the designation as Roon Ready, there is only one (out of very many products), the C368 (the other models’ failure to receive the complete certification may have something to do with MQA over RAAT, but I suspect there could be more issues). Not saying other NAD products won’t work with Roon, many apparently do, but NOT with the 100% functionality that Roon Labs require for certification. NAD and Bluesound need to get their act together as far as Roon !!! I, for one, may actually go elsewhere if the M33 doesn’t have the Roon Ready designation at, or soon after, its retail release.

I own a NAD C658 for two months now and I do experience the very same problems others have reported in this forum. The most annyoing problem is that it sometimes take ages and a lot of fiddling (like switching inputs) until Roon re-detects the C658. Also, if you have a lot of interaction (like selecting new tracks) then sooner or later the C658 will disconnect on its own. If you just play a long playlist or album it is most likely to work for at least half an hour.

There is clearly a lot of Quality-assurance and bug fixing NAD has to do, most likely the problems are shared in one form or antoher throughout their entire product range of NAD BluOS enabled devices as well as BluOS devices.

I someone from NAD is reading this here: guys, your software integration has serious issues. You need to fix this or it will ruin the reputation of otherwise fine hardware.

I have none of these issues with my NAD CI720s or CI580s so don’t think it’s across all NADs products.

Hello Roon Support, I am interested in purchasing the NAD M10 but have a slight trepidation since the M10 does not have ROON certification yet…when will it get full certification ? is it in the pipeline?
thanks in advance…I have also contacted NAD asking the same question.

I have a NAD 388. Playing a Tidal HiRes track I get this:

Looks like it is unfolding MQA and reporting full lossless play. Interesting that the 368 is listed as Roon compliant except for MQA, but 388 is not. You need the same Bluesound card for either to work.

There are occasions when the signal drops, but it also drops Blueos signal as well. I need to turn it off and back on and the signal is regained. NAD indicates this issue is a router that needs to be rebooted.

Bluesound app, as a library/player does compete with Roon, just does not do nearly as good a job.

Hope they both get this clarified.

It all depends on how you use your NAD as to which problems you may or may not experience

Roon labs will basically reply it isn’t their problem. I regret purchasing Roon since theIr customer support just points fingers at NAD.

Problems like this don’t get solved when vendors don’t work together.

Not really. I have no syncing problems (after the problem was fixed about a year ago), no signal drops, no stuttering, no lost units, nothing. I’m using these units the only way they can be used so it is not use model dependent.

The problems as stated in various forums seem to be mostly with new, uncertified NAD units, with units using wifi (especially Bluesound speakers) and with the new Node 2i. My CI720s and CI580s have no issues. There are quite a few in the forums that believe that there are problems with all NAD devices (that have BlueOS) and all Bluesound devices. That just is not true. And I’m not underestimating or minimizing the problems for those that are having them.

And it is my experience that Roon works extremely diligently with device manufacturers to fix issues but the issue to be fixed is most often something the device manufacturer has to fix with a firmware upgrade and Roon has taken the proper stance that they won’t communicate anything about other manufacturers schedules because they don’t control them and it really isn’t their job to represent the manufacturer. It is true that NAD and Bluesound are (IMHO) extremely bad about communicating their plans to fix issues and they often first point the finger at Roon (as they did with the syncing issue) when in the end they had to fix it and that compounds the problem.

2 Likes

Count me in here as well. I would quite like a NAD - M10 for my Office but I’m not parting with my cash until NAD resolve the many issues I hear. The M10, otherwise is a great bit of kit.

Hi John,

any news on the certification timeline?

@the thread: Did one of you compare the M10 to the naim Uniti Atom? Which one did you prefer?

I’m considering buying a M10 or naim Atum to use it with a Piega Premium 301.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hello @Martin_Kogel,

It is our policy to not comment on the status of Roon Ready device certification.

-John

Do not buy the M10. I have nothing but problems with Roon and the M10. Multiple support requests to NAD haven’t fixed the problem and like Roon they are silent on when the M10 Roon issues will be solved.

Roon and NAD have failed the customers that are having issues by not posting what is going on between Roon and NAD to fix the known issues.

I don’t recommend anyone purchase the M10 or Roon at this time. If Roon was serious about this problem they would tell NAD they are removing all support for their products and show them as incompatible.

I just do not understand these grievances re: M10. I have one, coupled with Small Green Computer sonic Transporter i5. No issues! Not a whit of problems. So, how does one explain my flawless setup and such vituperate screeds? Perhaps it is not Roon nor M10 but something/somewhere else in the setup.

Yea. I don’t get it either. The M10 is not listed as a supported product yet on Roon’s partner pages. Roon has said time and time again (correctly) that they don’t comment on where a device is at relative to support (because they don’t control the releases of another manufacturer). They will not change this policy no matter how many times people ask or complain. Since it is not yet a supported device the way to get it working is exactly as @Kevin_Roxby has, with an external streamer. When it becomes a supported device it will not need the streamer. If there are any complaints, they should go to NAD as they have not yet delivered a M10 to Roon that passes testing and becomes supported. And IMHO no one should ever buy a device based on an assumption that it will become supported if this is a critical aspect for purchase – that almost always leads to disappointment. As someone who has 10 NAD devices working flawlessly with Roon (I don’t have an M10) I feel the same way you do Kevin.

1 Like

Always buy a product based on what it is, not what it might become.

I also have a NAD M10 running with Roon. The only thing I have to complain the most is an issue with the standby mode. Often, when M10 is asleep it’s not possible for Roon to wake it up. In most cases waking up works by touching the display, but sometimes even that does not work, which means the device is apparently hanging (the standby button does not work either) and the only way to get it to work again is by reconnecting to the power outlet. This is really annoying, but maybe this behavior is specific to my own device only. Apart from that I’m actually quite happy.

And besides I am experiencing a new issue since the last BluOS update 3.8.3. Passing through MQA files to my NAD M10 became impossible. I then only get a quiet cracking noise and think my M10 went mad! To work around this I have had to turn off the MQA support and have Roon decode the audio files.

It’s such a shame for the otherwise great device! I really hope NAD and Roon will soon remove all obstacles in the way of making M10 Roon certified!

Once again, this is NAD’s responsibility to submit a M10 with firmware that passes certification. They have not done this. NAD is notoriously slow on fixing these types of issues so buying a device on the promise of certification is never a good idea unless you are very patient.

I was also troubleshooting this issue. I thought the “quiet cracking noise” was caused by switching from Qobuz to Tidal in my playlists. But I turned off MQA on my M10 and it now doesn’t start doing the cracking noise anymore. It must be the update and MQA issues for some reason.

I’ve recently bought an M10. On Wifi (and I’ve got good Unifi powered wifi) Roon had a lot of issues with slow starting on tracks and skipping at the beginning, I could not live with it in that state. I then moved it to a wired LAN its 100% solid with no issues.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this cracking noise with the new BluOS firmware update 3.8.3 :frowning: