NAD M10 bluos not certified

It is 100% the MQA. I turned off MQA in the device settings for the m10 in Roon. Now it’s back to normal.

Yes, turning off MQA does the trick, which kind of sucks. Hope NAD gets this fixed soon.

I am experiencing the same popping sounds with both my M10 and C658. MQA seems to be the trigger here, although I don’t have many other higher res files to check to see if sample rate changes in general are also a factor. Turning off MQA rendering in Roon stops problem. Bluesound support was curious as to whether I was using Dirac as well - which I am. Not sure I really want to spend time troubleshooting as losing MQA rendering is really not that important to me.

Ted

I also have an M10 and Sonictransporter i5. The i5 has nothing to do with Roon/M10 issues I see.

We are in agreement then.

Having these same issues with my M10 since 3.8.3. Worth reporting to NAD? They don’t seem very interested in fixing this, and seem to working to make things worse.

Having not contacted NAD, I can hardly say. But, after they introduced the MQA bug they apparently fixed the standby bug, which drove me nuts for many months. Yet, I wonder that nobody posted anything about it.

I filed a ticket with NAD - I don’t expect much back given past experience. Based on what others have shared here, I have turned off MQA in Roon and hope this might stabilize operation/control of my M10 with Roon.

I’ll report back if I hear anything of use from NAD.

Until NAD provides Roon certification you shouldn’t consider NAD hardware if you need to use Roon.
My Bluesound Node had similar issues as my NAD M10 has now. However, once the Node 2i was certified it has been rock solid.
So, I really hope NAD gets their stuff certified.
I don’t use Roon much any more because of this. So I may not extend my yearly license.

M10 and MQA (and Roon on Nuc)

Nad M10 absolutely stinks with Roon when using wireless . I have no idea if its better wired but I assume would be.
I find myself just using the Blueos app to play music . Roon is just too unstable with the Nad M10.

Hi. BluOS units (not just NAD M10) do have WiFi connectivity issues with ROON. I have a Bluesound Node 2i and a NAD M10, and both have problems if connected to ROON through WiFi. When I connected the units by ethernet to the house network, the ROON instability disappears. And the NAD M10 works perfectly with ROON.

ROON are working with Bluesound to address this issue as ROON have been able to mimic the problem themselves (no idea when it will be fixed). There are a few threads already on this.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. My Nad10 is in an area where it would be difficult connect via ethernet cable.

Hopefully in the upcoming months there is a fix.

Have you tried a WiFi extender with an Ethernet port?

Tim

1 Like

I have not because of concern over potential noise entering the system that way.

Do you have a suggestion in an extender? Thanks for your input.

That’s what I was going to suggest. I have my NAD M10 connected to an EERO Pro mesh extender/router. I was able to re-position the EERO units (3) around the house to accommodate the NAD M10. So essentially the NAD M10 is connected by Ethernet to a WiFi extender, which connects to ROON by WiFi! Figure that one out! And there have been no problems since.

2 Likes

I had the same and I switched over to a wired connection using powerline adapter. It hasn’t given me any problems since then.

I’m still monitoring if the powerline adapter is affecting the sound quality. So far so good.

1 Like

Roon did not implement it on your NAD. NAD did. So why blame Roon. It’s like blaming Home Depot or Lowe’s for not honoring a fake coupon that some jerk posted on Facebook. Companies have no power to prevent these false misrepresentations, be they intentional or accidental. Roon is trying to get a firmware update done by NAD, but that takes time, and possibly several attempts by NAD to get it right. Unfortunately, Roon has no control of that. They can only tell NAD that there is a problem, precisely what the problem is, and what needs to be done to correct the problem. Beyond that, it IS 100% on NAD.

1 Like

The fact is that the M10 was never verified as Roon Ready, no matter what the NAD site said. I have no idea if NAD made an honest mistake, or if it was intentional. In either case, the only blame should be put on NAD, not Roon.

Where does it say this update would make the M10 Roon Ready. Maybe that update didn’t even work on the M10.