NAD M10 bluos not certified

It should be embarrassing to Nad that for a 2800 dollar amp Roon is not integrated properly.

4 Likes

No, Roon has in no way failed NAD users. They let you know precisely what the situation is, namely that they informed NAD that the M10 failed certification, why it failed and what needs to be fixed, and that they were waiting for NAD to provide a firmware update. Until Roon gets that update, Roon is powerless to do anything more. And remember that even when Roon gets said update, that is no guarantee it will make the M10 pass certification. If the update doesn’t fix all the problems, the M10 will fail certification again, and the whole correction process will begin anew. And all Roon can do is their tiny part in it. Except for the initial communications regard the failure, Roon is totally out of the process. It’s folly to think otherwise.

Accept that you should not use M10 over WiFi. Like the other Bluesound engines: no problems when you use cable.

I’m just frustrated as anybody that the M10 has yet to become fully Roon certified. NAD support continues to be anything but. I see that Roon “comparability” is promised in a software update for the new M33. Where have I seen that promised before?

That said, I’ve been using the M10 wirelessly with Roon for the past few months, and it works mostly fine other than odd UI glitches and MQA challenges. Be wary of black and white, “don’t use X on wifi” guidance.

My listening experience on Wi-Fi actually got better, as I moved a Wi-Fi satellite out of the bedroom and lowered the overall noise in the system. YMMV.

[quote=“Neil_Russell, post:59, topic:69228, full:true”]
The fact is that the M10 was never verified as Roon Ready, no matter what the NAD site said. I have no idea if NAD made an honest mistake, or if it was intentional. In either case, the only blame should be put on NAD, not Roon. [/quote]

Neil, have you ever spoken to anyone at NAD? I have several times. If you had NAD has a different side of the story regarding Roon. NAD isn’t going to go out of their way to get Roon working. Roon should be going out of their way to help NAD.

NAD is a multi billion dollar corporation and they need Roon like a hole in the head. If Roon cared they would go out of their way to work with NAD to get their product certified. Perhaps if someone at Roon picked up the phone and worked with the NAD people they could solve the problems together. We need a win/win, not win/lose like we have today.

I have been an IT project manager over 25 years and this is how we solve problems with vendors…we talk to them, we work together with them so the end user isn’t left holding the bag and has the best user experience. Roon’s responses come off as arrogant and their constant “we don’t comment” quotes just come off as petty and entitled.

Talk to the owner of Bricasti he will say the same thing as you hear from NAD. Roon doesn’t seem willing to lift a finger to help their partners.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with much of this.

Roon has no business commenting in public about the release schedules of other companies. It would be idiotic for them to do so. Petty, not. Smart. yes. And I’ve been the CEO of software companies for over 20 years so I know a bit about this.

Yes, NAD is a multibillion dollar company and they act like it. It took them almost 2 years to fix the sync issues I had with my Node2s and CI720s and they never once even had the basic courtesy to answer multiple emails sent to their support line. Roon runs circles around them in regards to responsiveness.

I can’t comment on whether Roon is providing proper communication and interaction with NAD but I sincerely doubt they aren’t responsive given the number of NAD/Roon users there are. You only have only one side of the story also so you don’t really have any idea of the true story either. I will note that when new versions of RAAT are released by Roon, it takes NAD months and months to support them whereas nimble companies like Lumin and many others are able to release updates almost immediately.

As far as NAD needing “Roon like a hole in the head” … I’ll only say that Roon is often the vehicle of choice for demonstrating audio gear in many high end audio showrooms today and NAD would be at a disadvantage if they didn’t support Roon. From a personal standpoint, I’ve purchased 10 CI720s, 2 CI580s and 4 Node2s — and absolutely none of them would have been purchased if they didn’t support Roon.

So it’s not that I don’t like their products, I actually do. But given my experience with them over many years, I never want to ever be in the position of needing a fix or an enhancement to make something work properly as it will likely take forever or never come. And I’ve given up on ever being able to communicate with them. I don’t feel that way about Roon.

5 Likes

Roon has already done everything they can to help NAD, namely has talked to them several times, and told them exactly what is needed to correct problems needed to get the M10 certified. Roon is powerless to do anything else. And no, I haven’t talked to NAD, but so what?? You think your “billion dollar company” isn’t capable of lying?? I spent quite a number of years dealing with manufacturers from “mom and pops” to billion dollar companies like Sanyo, Pioneer, etc. The bigger the manufacturer, the more they lie to their customer, as the significance of a customer decreases as their size increases.

1 Like

Here is an answer I got from Bluesound support yesterday:

"Our newer NAD line up is not officially certified by ROON, but ROON will admit is ‘ROON Ready’ and will connect, show in your CORE Server (with an asterisk), and play since these Players are BluOS Players.

We continue to work with ROON regarding official certification but the delay is some front panel display specifications which are taking more time than both organisation anticipated."

3 Likes

I would just like to add my voice. My priority is Roon, I’ve wanted it and needed it my whole life. I also need a new amp. If anyone at NAD is reading this, fyi I was greatly interested in the M10 when I saw it at Rocky Mountain last year. I would have liked a little more power and a volume knob, so I was pretty delighted when I read about the M33 just yesterday. I think that amplifier might last me at least a decade and be worth $5,000. But I am on the fence over the lack of integration with Roon. You have a natural combo here which together sell themselves and kick ass over any competitor, and you should make that integration a very high priority. (I also however quite liked what I saw from Technics).

How is this going to be affected by the new “can’t be enabled if not roon certified” email tthat just twent out?

Makes me really hesitant to buy an M33, if I’m not going to be able to run it… for. years… given the m10 is STILL not certified after how many years?

1 Like

I was considering either NAD M33 or Hegel H390 and expected M33‘s roon readiness on launch. But it seems that the M33 will go the Hegel way (certification pending for how long?)
Now I (EU) decided to crash Brexit and ordered a Naim Uniti Nova from good old England.

With the latest news we got from Roon on uncertified Roon device I would wait to make sure the product is Roon certified.

I bought a Nad C658 and at launch it was advertised as Roon ready but never got certified after 2 years !

1 Like

It seems that the certification should be here soon. They got me worried there for a minute. I love the M10 and am not planning to get rid of it any time soon.

All my Bluos devices got updates this week maybe because of this? open you’re bluos app and see what happens

I had an update last week, to version 3.10.3 but the only noticable thing to me is that it made hdmi arc very buggy. I had to revert to an optical cable. It will propably be here soon.

On my C658 current version is 3.10.3 also from last week.

I don’t know if we need a firmware update to certified the C658 and M10. Nothing is mentioned on this from Roon or NAD

I actually don’t think it needs an update from NAD but the devices will have to be flagged as certified on the Roon side of it all. At least that is how i think how the devices are certified.

Still not certified :unamused:

And as promised it is certified. At least at my place. I restarted the M10 and the ‘not certified’ message dissapeared. It will perform the same as yesterday but it’s great it is officially certified.

1 Like

That’s odd. The roon website still doesn’t list it as certified, even though they are supposed to use the same database as the app itself.