NAD M10 + subwoofer owners please come in :)

Hiya,

Anyone added a sub to their M10? Curious to hear about the implementation and your experience.

Read on another forum (although very little info on this) that the sub out on the M10 is underpowered, making a sub implementation rather difficult?

Thanks in advance :beers:

1 Like

Perhaps a little bit late but i have a M10 in combination with the B&W 705 S2 bookshelf speakers and a B&W DS4S subwoofer. I can control the power output for the subwoofer in the subwoofer APP on my iPhone. The input gain in the sub (RCA/LFE) is set to default, so 0 dB. The crossover frequency is set to 60Hz. I am very happy with it. The sound quality is very good and the bass is in balance.

You can find the picture here: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04] - #270 by s-t-e-v-o

I have a pair of subs. They are both run at speaker level so aren’t affected by the line level gain.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply Eddy :slight_smile: Not too late. Still have not decided on which sub to go with.

I use bk, they are like REL when they were REL and have all sorts of connections.

I’ve never quantified it, but the outputs on the M10 do seem low. I run dual SVS 3000 Micros in a smaller room and keep them at their default -10db setting most of the time. Sometimes I have to back them off or use the room compensation setting due to some boominess. The fact that I am running 2 of them at relatively high levels in a relatively small room leads me to believe the levels are low.

I should also say that the levels do not appear to be as low as they used to be. I did notice a change some while back where the levels seem to have been moved up a bit - but that was before I had the 3000 Micros in place.

I don’t think the levels are so low as to be a problem. But if I had an underpowered sub, a very large room, or was one of those guys that feels there should always be more bass - I would make sure I had a solid return policy in place before purchasing.

The M10 is generally just awesome.

Hi Eddy, I just bought a DB4S and how the same devices we have : M10 + 705 S2 + DB4S, but my DB4S output is extremly low and hardly to heard. The line connection is right. Do you use it normally? What set-up error mostly happend?

The M10 settings

The sub settings

Hi Eddy, I will try. Thanks a lot!

Did my previous post help you any further?

Hi Eddy
I try again several times and query to NAD tech-engineer too, but it not worked. I have returned the device to vendor.
However, great appricate for your help.