NAD M33 certification

That’s a bit drastic don’t you think Marc?

Yes Pim, it is a bit drastic. I got carried away, sorry for that.
The lack of transparency about process and progress is frustrating.

I asked the same question as you to NAD and got the same answer.

As far as the november change in Roon is concerned: Before the November change the NAD M33 showed as not certified, but in fact it did work. After the change, Roon cut off the support for the M33. I can only assume that money is involved in getting the M33 certified. It took a long time too for the M10 to get certified, probably for the same reasons.

We as the customers have to suffer for these money wars between companies that try to cut out their market share.

There must be a more effective way of doing things!

Btw I do have a life-time subscription to Roon. I do like the product. I like the M33 as well. As far as I am concerned this is a silly war. Both companies would do better if they focused more on their customers.

Hi Dylan,

I actually did what you recommend: reach out to NAD to find out the status of certification from their end. Surprisingly they responded that they are awaiting anxiously the moment of certification by Roon.

In fact, when I asked the M33 was still working with Roon, although the interface mentioned that the product was not fully certified yet. After the November 2020 change the product was not working anymore. Roon closed the door. I can only assume that some money issues remain between certification, seeing that the M33 was already working without being certified.

I think this is a ■■■■■■ way of fighting with your partners through us, the customers of both Roon and, in this case, NAD.

Hi Gerrit,

Money has nothing to do with the fact that Roon doesn’t allow non Roon certified equipment to play through RAAT. Roon has for years looked after half baked semi-RAAT equipment and have finally given up and told manufacturers that if it’s not certified, it will not work.

Essentially it’s blocked until it’s certified. It’s the Roon team’s way of providing quality control.

1 Like

News from NAD support about certification, hope this will happen as described below:

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Crew.

With regards to Roon support in the M33, we are continuing to work with our partners at Roon.

Hopefully, the M33 will soon be certified by Roon and be supported in the next BluOS release 3.14.X in April 2021.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

2 Likes

That is excellent news if it is true!

I informed Roon that I cancelled the automatic renewal of my subscription pending the certification. They sent an excellent apology message taking full responsibility for their part in the certification process.

After that I forwarded that message to NAD / BluOs, to indicate how disappointed I am with the lack of apparent ownership of this process and their constant finger-pointing to Roon.

This is what I got as part of the response:
“…I am sorry to hear about your concerns. We do apologise for the inconvenience that your NAD M33 was de-certified and has yet to be re-certified by ROON Labs. We continue to work with ROON as best we can and do see them as a valuable partner…”

I just want to point out the obvious inaccuracy and blaming Roon again:

• The NAD M33 never got the official “Roon ready” certification status, Roon just modified their policy and no longer allow partner equipment not yet certified to connect to Roon. Therefore the M33 never got “de-certified”, that is a gross distortion of the truth.

I’ve given up on NAD / BluOs owning up to and acting on their responsibility in this partnership with Roon. They just seem to leave their paying customers in the dark and blame Roon for it.

2 Likes

I really hope so, haven’t been a Roon user for long, but now I am I love it and just want it work with my M33. Like others have said, will consider changing it if I have to wait much longer.

1 Like

Awaiting for NADM33 certification…in May my subscription to roon expires, in this case i will not renew it… sorry

you know, as the M33 was marketed as roon ready, but was not - if this drags on for too long, would could file (or threaten) a class action lawsuit. That might get NAD going.

1 Like

Count me in :slight_smile:
Do you think Tony W. - Product Support Manager for BlueSound and NAD reads what is going on here? On the Bluesound support site he does a hell of a lot of avoiding the topic:
Roon certification dead line is the 21 september 2020 – The Bluesound Support Crew
and especially here:
State of Roon certification? – The Bluesound Support Crew

Up to a point that even makes me wonder he actually read his own job-description…

Count me in as well if you move forward with one Ethan.

Once a device is submitted by a manufacturer as ‘ready’ for the certification process, how long does it take for Roon to complete the certification process, assuming that no issues are discovered during the process?

Just had this update from NAD :slight_smile:

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Crew. We sincerely apologize for the undue delay in getting back to you.

We are very pleased to announce that in the coming days, we will be launching BluOS 3.14. Amongst some other great added features, ROON has fully Certificated the Award Winning NAD M33 and NAD T778 flagship AV Receiver.

I hope this information helps and am going to mark this request as solved to prevent you from receiving reminder emails from our system.

Thank you for choosing NAD Electronics, HEART+SOUL You Can Hear.
The NAD Electronics Support Crew

3 Likes

I wonder if that will be bundled with the Radio Paradise MQA update due on the 6th of this month, I understand?

I received the same email. I hope it’s real.

1 Like

I updated my M33 to BluOS 3.14.2, rebooted my Roon core, and still not Roon ready.

same with my M33, still not roon ready but the BluOS Controller has now a menu item called “Roon Ready” which was “Roon” before.

2 Likes

Same for me still cannnot add my M33 tas a Roon ready device. The M33 nor the T778 show up on the partner page at Roon. Roon + NAD | Get Roon for a Better Music Experience
Maybe we’ll need to wait a bit for Roon to publish / advertise the certification status?

2 Likes

All set here. Hoping it’s just a matter of Roon pressing the ‘go’ switch now…

4 Likes