NAD T175 Upgraded but still Uncertified

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
macOS Big Sur 11.1 + iMac Retina 5K 27" + Roon 1.7 (build 710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
NAD T175 with VM130 Upgrade Card and BluOS Upgrade Kit plugged in to the card via USB. The BluOS Upgrade Kit (NAD T175) is connected to the local network via WiFi. On the same WiFi network is my iMac with an external HD containing all of my digital music files. WiFi is provided via Ubiquiti AP AC Pro connected to a Ubiquit UniFi 16 Port Switch and Cisco Meraki MX67 Router. We have a IT company that has configured the network, so I believe it is most likely configured well.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NAD T175 upgraded with NAD VM130 (https://nadelectronics.com/product/vm130-4k-video-mdc/) and BluOS upgrade kit (https://nadelectronics.com/product/bluos-upgrade-kit/).

iMac Retina 5K 27" with external USB HD containing all of our digital music files.

Description Of Issue
I have a NAD T175 that I’ve upgraded with the NAD VM130 and BluOS upgrade kit. I’ve recently installed Roon, but I’m unable to add my NAD T175 because it comes up as Uncertified. I’ve emailed NAD to see if they have plans to certify this product (no reply yet) but I suspect it is not certified because the compatibility is coming via these upgrade cards. I was hoping you might have a resolution for me. I’d very much like to start using Roon, but I’m unsure how to proceed.

Hi @Bill_Mackin,

Thanks for reaching out! Let me forward your question to our hardware team, I appreciate your patience until I have more info for you here!

Hi @Bill_Mackin,

I spoke to our hardware team regarding your setup, but they were unable to provide much information on this DAC + Upgrade Card, so we have reached out to NAD directly regarding this, thanks!

Hi @noris,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing what you’re able to discover regarding my current setup.

Cheers,
Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.