NAD vs Control4 in whole house audio?

I am designing a whole house audio system and was leaning towards NAD, either a set of NAD 720’s or combo of 580/980s. My dealer is pushing me towards a Control4 system. We will have a lighting system, alarm, and thermostat, so there are some home automation reasons for the C4.

But strictly from a music and Roon standpoint, how would people compare the audio in NAD vs C4 with Roon.

Thanks!
Rob.

Hi RobOK,

I’m not quite sure I get your question. It’s a bit apples and oranges.

I’m also looking into Control4 as I have a friend who is a home automation integrator.

It’s true that you can use Control4 as the software interface to control BluOS devices, or Roon Nucleus, but that’s what it is… a control interface. They do sell some hardware and amps of their own, but I’m not really sure the purpose of buying their rebranded stuff when you could buy true audio hardware (NAD, BluOS, Sonos, etc) and then have Control4 control it if you want.

The audio quality would almost certainly be better on any of the above. And you would have redundancy in how you control the audio… you could use for example, the BluOS app, the Control4 app, or Roon.

That’s the way I’m leaning… get Control4 to control the home… set inputs on the stereo etc… but once the stereo is on and set the way I want (using Control4’s home integration), then I’d likely switch apps and control the music with Roon.

Thanks Adam, I was thinking C4 sold amps when I wrote this post. I think they have given that over to Triad (which they own). So what I was trying to get at is how good are the Triad amps vs. NAD gear?

I am leaning against C4 still. I don’t have that many things to control and using the Lutron app and security app is not that big a deal for me. C4 owners can chime in!