NAIM NDX 2 & Network Problems

Is the Topping that good? It’s on my consider list with the A50 head amp and p50 psu to upgrade to a desktop solution from my current AQ Cobalt. On my list is the RME and looking at the JDS Labs El DAC/Amp as well.

IMO yes it is. It’s really very good - hugely detailed, wide open soundstage and has some slam to the bottom end. Really well built as well, not like the chi-if of even a couple of years ago. This wouldn’t look out of place with a Chord badge on it. Well ok, not quite to that level but not far off.

Power it from a usb power bank battery and you’ll be pretty impressed I think. Until I dug my iUSB 3 out I was powering the Ropieee and the DAC from a 26000 mAh battery and getting 2-3 days of listening per charge.

You’ve possibly seen my other posts of the rest of the system but in case not I’m running it into a Khozmo Acoustics passive pre amp which feeds a Baldwin Audio 405C.

That in turn goes into a pair of Rega RX3’s. So all in a transparent enough system to highlight a poor front end.

1 Like