Naim Uniti Atom and Roon

Oh I know but I only ever use it through roon and my wife only uses the CD player through it so we aren’t stretching it’s capabilities!

I updated my Atom. I was more worried than usual given the bad experience above. But I’m happy to say it worked fine for me.

I went from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1

For things that don’t see the world, I tend to be much like @ged_hickman1 and don’t mess with what isn’t broken. But the Atom can see the internet and frequently does so I like to make sure vulnerabilities are dealt with.

Sheldon

I’ve had no issues with the upgrades tbh. I intially thought I had an issue with 3.5.1 (dropped Roon connection over wifi to Atom), but I restarted my entire network in sequence and all is back to seamless perfection.

Same here, my Atom and NDX2 have been pretty solid through these recent firmware upgrades. That, of course, is cold comfort for anyone who has had problems, but at least it’s not everyone.

Hello together, can anyone tell me if it is possible to switch back to roon over the input control after changing to another input right before.

Let’s say i’m listening to roon. Then I change to another input e.g. HDMI. If I want to resume the listening of my roon playlist, do i have to press play over the roon app or is it also possible to change the input with the remote to roon an press play on the same remote without having to open the roon app?

I’m asking because i want to buy a streaming-preamp-dac with this exact possibility of selecting the roon input over the streaming-preamp-dac. And it seems in most cases this is not possible because you always have to start the connection from within the roon app and ther is no input selection for roon in the preamp section.

Thanks in advance if someone can answer my question

You have to restart the connection from the roon app.
I’d never tried but just went and and had a go.

Thanks for your help. This is sad, but will help me with my decision-making

I’m not sure why you would think that this is a problem? You would be using Roon to browse and select what you want to play, then when you hit the play button, the streamer automatically switches to Roon and starts playing.
Otherwise you would have to go from Roon to the Naim app to control the Atom, which isn’t necessary.

The Playlist that is beeing played will not be erased when i’m quitting the input. So if i’m not finished and want to continue where I stopped I don’t want to be obliged opening the app. The easiest way would be to use the remote to change the input to roon and then press play. This is much faster than openeing the phone, then opening the app and press play.

For example the Cambridge Audio Edge NQ has a separate input for roon to do this.

If that’s a deal breaker for you, you’ll need to look elsewhere, although for me there are other criteria I would be using to choose a streamer.
FWIW resuming or pausing play via the Naim app is very quick, you don’t even have to unlock your iPhone, just swipe the screen R and use the ‘widget’.

I’ll add that if you don’t switch sources, the play/pause work as expected. You can pause, and let the atom sleep etc, and then come back and hit play and everything picks up where it left off.

The Atom doesn’t have any memory of any streamed services I don’t believe. I know that it doesn’t remember airplay and roon if you switch to say internet radio. You have to go back to the source and restart it. I believe that is the way most devices work. Once the stream stops and is closed (which I believe that is what happens when you switch sources), there is no way for the client to pull it going again.

Sheldon

I have had my Atom for 5 weeks now…Roon similar length of time…the Atom…WOW…I had a full Sonos home theatre set up running through a high end home theatre amp…the Atom with Silver Monitor Audio RS1s sounds way way better…I had ditched all my home theatre stuff , Blu Rays etc, so other than music and the TV/PS5 into the Atom dont need theatre sound.
I have always loved music and the Atom/Roon combo…running Tidal HiFi has relit my love of the Blues/country.
Next up is a music based sub…probably a REL for the ease of connecting!!
I had NEVER heard of Roon until i got the Atom…now its indispensable!!

2 Likes

Hi all,
Does any one experience software issues with this Atom?

Mine works perfectly

1 Like

Thanks.
do you need the naim app or can everything be done via roon?

I’m not sure what you mean by everything?

I mean:

• via Roon remote: wake the device, launch music, set volume, switch tracks
  • with the remote control: switch inputs in case I want to switch to tv mode.
  • I hate Naim app, I had a bad experience with it in the past (before being on Roon). I bet you need it for first configuration .

Thanks for your view :slight_smile:

Yes it all works with roon and the remote control and the room app work together.
If you increase the volume with the remote or dial the roon app reflects the change etc
I don’t use mine with a TV but others in here do.

1 Like

Ok so no need of Naim app in everyday operations ?

I don’t use it at all but I only use roon. My atom doesn’t have HDMI.