Naim Uniti Core

Dear Roon,

Roon Core is loaded on to iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM171.0105.B26
SMC Version (system): 2.34f2

As a network store I have a Naim UnitiCore

App version 5.75
Build Version 507058

Product versions:

Application 1.5.7957.0.0
Op. System 1.3.1210.0.0

Serial No 410568

Internal Sata Music Store : ATA ST2000VM003-1ET1

Roon has no problems when playing from iTunes storage on the iMac .

When I try to load the Uniti Core int Roon Storage it will load around 13000 tracks and then give the message:

"This drive is not available.Check the drive or edit this folder if its been moved”

This fault has only recently occurred Have been using this set up for several months without any problems. The issue occurred whilst ripping new cd’s to the unit core.All cd’s bona fide commercial recordings.

Can you assist please

Kind Regards
Graham Moore

(Roon lifetime subscription)

Moving to “Support” and tagging @support.

1 Like

Hi @Graham_Moore ----- Touching base with you because @kevin mentioned that you’ve sent over some logs to us, which I have received.

Moving forward, I have placed the logs in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech staff to see if we can determine what is causing this behavior to occur. Furthermore, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with a screenshot of your “storage” tab.

-Eric

Dear Eric

Attached above are two screenshots of the storage tab. One shows Roon scanning the Naim UnitiCore the next after the connection has been terminated.

Graham

Hi @Graham_Moore ----- Thank you for the follow up, very appreciated!

I will be attaching the provided screenshots to my report which is currently still with our techs who are still in the process of reviewing the traces found in your logs. Thank you for your continued patience!

-Eric

Hi @Graham_Moore —— Thank you for the follow up and the insight, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, I had an opportunity to bring this support issue up to one of our senior developers, to see if I could get some feedback on this behavior you are experiencing with the Naim Uniti. Based on the conversation, the team would like you to please verify the following for me:

1. Can you get in this state consistently?

2. Can you connect to the device over SMB when you are in this state, via the OS?

-Eric

Dear @Eric,

The fault happens on every occasion .After a hard restart of the Naim Uniti Core the Uniti immediately join my network and is visible in the Roon Storage list with the address smb://UNITICORE40568/music. Scanning begins and at around 13000 to 16000 files the process stops and the error messsage appears as shown in the screenshots. It is then impossible to connect to the Uniti Core on the network without a hard restart.

I have repeated this process many times. I have taken the Uniti Core to my Naim dealer where we connected to his Roon Core . The same fault appeared on his system.

Once Roon has kicked the Uniti Core off the network it is impossible to connect without a hard restart.

Interestingly , I have a back up the Naim Unit Core on a Seagate 2tb ext hard drive. When connected to my iMac/(Roon Core location), Roon immediately sees the Seagate disc and plays the content without a problem.

The back up was made as recommended by Naim. I installed a new HDD in the Naim Uniti and went through the re install from Back Up process with the Seagate back up disk. I monitored the process in Roon and Roon rejected the Uniti Core from the system about half way through the back up process showing the same message as described before.

The Uniti Core works perfectly until connected to Roon. I have been using this system without a problem for over six months. It was only after ripping Modern Jazz Qoertet “Echoes” that this problem appeared although I had ripped around 10 discs in that session.

Hope this information assists

Graham Moore

Thanks for the info @Graham_Moore – this is most likely something that we’ll want feedback from Naim on, so if you haven’t talked with Naim directly that’s probably a good idea.

I’m going to try and reach out as well, and we’ll follow up soon when we have more info. Roon works with a wide variety of SMB storage devices, so if the device is dropping off the network completely there may not be anything we can do in Roon, but hopefully we can at least help figure out what’s going on here.

We’ll be in touch, and please do let us know what you’re hearing from Naim as well.

Hi Mike,

Phil Harris at Naim is dealing with the problem from their end

email Sales@naimaudio.com

Regards

Graham

Hi Mike,

Any progress with my issue?

Regards

Graham

Uniti working after repair by Naim.

Apparently “a software problem”

No further explanation from Naim

All working properly no data lost

`Graham Moore

Thanks for letting us know @Graham_Moore! Glad this is working as expected now.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.