NAS connection lost and Network Connection

Yesterday I was unable to access my NAS library, Roon said the path was broken, all Tidal albums played however.

Tonight I can’t log in, says I have no network connection but it’s up and working for all other apps. Lumin and MConnect play fine from same library.

Roon has been problem free for many months, need suggestions please.

Hello Roger. I have a Synology NAS that shares the music folders with SMB. I could use NFS but I did it with SMB. My Roon core runs on a Linux box that mounts the music shared folders with fstab and mount. It used to work, but from time to time I had to manually remount the remote folders on the Linux box, even when the NAS booted before the Linux box.

I solved it using automount in the Linux box. I have not had this problem anymore.

Thanks, mine’s been rock stable for years, right now can’t even get into Roon though.

Can you remember if there was any event that might have triggered this? (like a software or firmware update or swapping any hardware devices?

No nothing and that’s the strange thing, I used Roon the night before no issues.

Without changing anything, tonight I’m able to log in so I’m back to my original problem, losing the connection to my NAS, but not understanding how to reestablish.

Did your NAS probably received a new IP address from your router?

Roger, can you reach the NAS shared folder from another PC/Mac?. Not the Roon Core but another.

I don’t mean the ip address 192.168.0.13 but the shared folder itself “\\192.168.0.13\MUSIC FILES”.

The credentials are also important, i.e. username and password.

I don’t know if you are tech savvyy or not. Perhaps this could be sound too obvious to you. This is just a couple of tests.

No it’s still .13

Not as tech savvy as would like to be. Are you asking if I can access the Music Files folder on my Synology from say my iPad ? Like this ?

Yes, that’s right!. So can reject the NAS variable from the equation.

Let’s focus now on the Roon Core. Which operating system is running in the Roon Core box?

Hi Rogerdn,

Angel’s suggestion to provide more information about your setup is great. Besides, the Roon Core OS/hardware a bit more information about your network setup would be helpful. Below, is a link that provides some guidance on what type of information is helpful for support . Give it a read.

It’s on a SonicTransporter so Linux I guess.

@agillis might have some ideas. The ST runs a modified Linux, I think.

Yes that occurred to me, I’ll contact him.

Well, you have now a path to follow. Good luck with your issue, Roger.

Yeah, thanks to all.

The sonicTransporter is based on our own custom version of Linux call Sonicorbiter OS.

If anybody has any problems with a Small Green Computer product please go to our home page and click “contact us” in the lower right. We will help you as quickly as possible.