NAS not found until I edit network parameters

Nothing has changed with my network setup or my NAS, but now with the latest version of Roon, when i launch it, it cannot locate or connect to my NAS until I open up “Edit network Parameters” in the Storage settings and then click “Save”. I don’t have to change anything in the dialog, just open and close it.

Did something change here? It’s annoying to have to do this every time I re-launch Roon.

-mike

Hi Mike,
Sounds like something is up with your core machine or the links to your store. There have been a few posts with people reporting connectivity issues with latest Mac OS for example.

You haven’t mentioned anything about your setup so it is hard to guess much more.

Can you share more info e.g. OS updates

Thanks

I’m on macOS 10.11.6, with Roon running on my macbookPro, no separate Core machine. No recent OS updates that I can recall.

Hey @Mike_Pinkerton – how exactly do you have the NAS configured in Roon?

Let us know and we can do some testing to see what’s going on – the only recent changes were to address issues on Sierra and seem pretty stable, but we can take a look.

Network path is smb://[ip address]/path/to/music
Normal username and password. No Workgroup.

What else do you need?

Hi @Mike_Pinkerton ----- Would like to grab some logs from you. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily. Thanks!

-Eric