Nativ Vita high-res music system (Roon Ready)

This looks like a very interesting project! And seems that it will be Roon Ready as well.

Local storage wouldn’t be the best option for use with Roon, storage on the machine running the Roon Core is best.

Without local storage I found it hard to identify how the Nativ might be better than an iPad or Android tablet.

Then I saw the Oak Wall Mounted option. It’s going straight to the Pool Room under the singing fish !

That´s correct regarding where the data for Roon should be stored. I guess it´s also supporting services like spotify, and can also stream to and from a plethora of services and devices, in addition to acting as a Roon Ready endpoint. So I guess it would complement a Roon setup perhaps. Yes, the Oak Wall Mounted option, does look very nice!

I´m particularly liking the fact you could have a single endpoint that is Roon Ready and supports both Airplay and spotify connect. This would cover almost all applications/devices in my house :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a very interesting device, reminiscent of Sooloos which is a kind of full circle.

Exactly! Was my first thoughts.

Just saw this:

Plus you can use the pre-installed Roon control interface to browse and play the music on your computer or NAS*.
*Your PC/Mac must run Roon Lab’s music management (server) software. More details at www.roonlabs.com.

So it seems to somehow combine (or switch between) both the Roon GUI, and their own custom interface somewhow, if I understand this correctly…

Is this streamplayer roonready certified?

It has Roon Ready listed on this page:

But it doesn’t appear to be listed on the Partners page:
https://roonlabs.com/partners.html

Perhaps @robdarling can clarify ?

Yes, Nativ is a partner… Some partners have wanted to be listed before they release and others have not, so we just follow their lead.

But it is pretty slick stuff! I am thinking it would be cool to have a few units where it would be ideal to run my Hue lights and Nest and have audio output from Roon :slight_smile:

Will the Nativ in the near future ever be able to work as a core?

The Nativ platform is ARM based, which means it will not be running a core.

Can anyone share the user experience with the Nativ Vita please? It looks nice. I wish the display is bigger!

Yeh I’d also be interested to know how the Roon remote UI looks on it.

Is it different to the iPad - as in more limited settings?

Ah some info here with a pic of the UI: https://www.nativsound.com/en/user-guide/roon

It looks like the full library browsing experience, like you get on a tablet or even on a desktop. At least the library browsing doesn’t look at all limited.

It has high quality audio components for use as an endpoint too.

But if it’s used as a large screen as only a Roon Remote (like a touchscreen control in the kitchen) an iPad or Android tablet on a nice stand may be a cheaper dedicated touchscreen solution (where digital outputs aren’t required).

It doesn’t look like their software version 2.0 has been released yet: https://www.nativsound.com/en/software

“In Version 2 of the Nativ Vita OS we will support Roon’s RAAT protocol and add full Roon-Ready certification”

Hello, that means that we cannot use the system based only on Nativ?
That I need another device to run the core? Or can the Roon system work directly from the Nativ without a Mac or something??

That’s correct, check out FAQ: What are the minimum requirements? you’re looking at these options: Windows PC, Mac, Mac Mini, Intel NUC, QNAP NAS, Synology NAS, Roon Nuclius / Nuclius+.

Minimum Intel i3 with 4GB RAM, but if you have a large music library or with to use Roon to upsample then add more RAM and consider an i5 (or even i7).