Nativ Vita showing uncertified

I was in communication with them for different reasons but last i heard, a few weeks ago, they had to shutdown work due to Covid Cases in their facility.

Not sure why they wouldnt reply to emails though.

For me, they’ve stopped responding the end of February.

Before that both Kevin and sally were helpful and replied quite fast.

I just contacted them on the weekend…also got the same auto reply message.

I tried to update the Tidal app on my Nativ Vita and since it wasn’t working deleted it and tried to re-download and re-install.

Unfortunately now it won’t install at all…keep getting a “Parse Error…there was a problem parsing the package”.

Unfortunately, no way to access any of the Android settings. I know this is about Roon…but in case anyone has had the same issue or solved it would appreciate any advise. Tried software recovery several times, but it doesn’t fix the parse error.

I wish I could help. I don’t use Tidal on the Nativ (stream it via Roon). I really hope someone at Nativ gets on the ball to fix your problem and finish up certification.

I ordered a Nativ Vita in April. I still have not received it. I was first told they were having parts problems, then there were problems with quality, that led to changing assembly contractors, then more parts problems, then the industrial park where the manufacturing took place was closed due to some workers in the park testing positive for the virus, then the park was re-opening and shipping of my unit was imminent. That was 3 weeks ago. About a week ago I (finally) requested my money back. I did not receive a real reply, only ‘out of office’ replies saying it is autumn festival or something and they will be back in the office on Monday the 12. I just read this thread and so just now realize that Vita is no longer certified for Roon! None of this bodes well.

Did you pay by credit card?

If so, contact the issuing bank. They will get your refund.

Hey Slim. Thanks for your comment. I paid thru a visa card via Paypal. I am almost out of time to request Paypal’s money back guarantee so am going to do that today. Hopefully if that doesn’t work or times out I can then request reimbursement from Visa.

Great. I’ve found PayPal can be a little stubborn about getting your refunds, but no one dares lose their ability to charge a credit card, so the credit card companies are never argued with.

Good luck.

That sucks man. The Vita was in the middle of certification and they did release a RAAT-compliant firmware update (v1.6) but still need to pass certification. I’m keeping my hopes up that the company will still be around and continue offering their product. The fact that the site is still up and some sort of reply (albeit, automatic) can be taken as a small but good sign.

Covid and the US Administrations trade fight with China has not made it easy for any small tech businesses that source much of their parts from China. :frowning:

@Eric_Josue, Nativ is from Hong Kong.

It’s a bit hard to determine that on their website, but the terms and conditions on their website talk about Hong Kong law.

@danny Hello Danny. Yes, I believe they are incorporated in Hong Kong and I believe when you (try to) contact them you are reaching offices in HK. However, I think their manufacturing is subbed out to a 3rd party factory in Dongguan which is in mainland China in Guangdong Province not too far from HK. My contacts there are (or were) Sion reachable at Sion@nativsound.com or John Gowder reachable at Info@nativsound.com. But I would think you would be able to raise some response from Michael Li, the CEO and founder. He’s on LinkedIn here:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-li-42728a117/?originalSubdomain=hk

@Eric_Josue. It does suck!! They did say they were having problems with COVID as the chinese authorities had closed the industrial park where the factory is located. But a month or so ago they told me that the park was opening and they were talking with officials making the final arrangements to get into the factory again. It was all imminent or so it was portrayed. If it is due to troubles such as this, then why not get the word out, explain it to the public? And if you still intend to be a viable company then why abandon the social media presence they evidently took such great care to grow. For instance, they have a big following on their page on Facebook. Yet, messages sent to them have gone unanswered for many weeks. And this is visible to anyone going on the page. So they seem quite happy to project an image of a company out of or going out of business. And of course, that will be a self-fulfilling prophecy! If I were Michael Li, the CEO, (and I wanted to stay in business) I would be all over social media and on forums like this explaining the situation and giving credible information (not a series of false promises) to maintain/build trust in my company.

I thought I would complete the loop regarding the outcome of my problems with a never-arriving Nativ Sound Vita as I posted above. I initiated the purchase guarantee procedures with Paypal and with my credit card company. The Capital One procedure requires a paper form that they send to you. That takes a while, so in the meantime the Paypal guarantee came through.

Just as Nativ stopped responding to my emails, they never responded to Paypal either. Paypal’s rules are that if the seller does not respond then the judgement is awarded to the buyer. So I received reimbursement in full. So glad I paid via Paypal using a credit card!

But the larger message here for others is that I think it is pretty clear that Nativ is no longer a going concern and probably should be written off as a source for your next player or for help on a Nativ you already have.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update.

I bought mine and “activated” with Roon before the deadline and was able to get developer status so mine luckily will still work with Roon.

I’ll keep hopeful that they will turn up and get their s**t together.

Question - After talking with someone in support, I filled out the form for enabling my Nativ Vita (back in Nov) and haven’t heard anything since. Is there someone I should follow up with?

@danny - super excited for Roon version 1.8. But my Roon still hasn’t updated on my Nativ past Roon 1.7 (500). Is there any indication that Nativ Vita will be able to move to 1.8?

1.8 is not out yet. next week.

Hi Robert, lucky you, I am exactly in the same boat (ordered in April 2020) and unfortunately Pay Pal wouldn’t take my request because it is beyond the 180 days ( Because I didn’t know I could raise it with Pay Pal- Stupid me) and I understand why. I have raised this with Citibank but haven’t seen much progress. It is really quite annoying that the company after taking your money wouldn’t even be accountable to respond to a query around a delivery timeline. Its almost like they took advantage of the timing and are opening scamming the trusted customers. I feel like I have been robbed.

Sam…

So sorry to hear this. Yes, I too feel they have scammed their customers. It is shameful!

Got that.
Does Roon have any idea if/when with Nativ will be updated to 1,8? It looks like they’ve gone AWOL which is very disappointing - not Roons fault of course! But do you have any inside intel on them?