Naxos Classics Online HD - integration

I would love to see the streaming of Naxos Classics Online HD added to ROON in the same manner as TIDAL. The ability to stream more than 3000 classic albums in 24 bit would be absolutely amazing and it would make up for TIDAL’s less than perfect classical section…

11 Likes

+1 for Naxos

That Services tab wasn’t built for one entry only !

@rasmussenmorten, I completely agree. That would be wonderful! Yes, Roon, please add Naxos Classica Online HD to Roon.

I would also love this. The app they currently use is rather primitive and Roon would greatly help.

1 Like

+1
I like Naxos a lot

1 Like

+1. Another great thing about Naxos is that, like Qobuz, CD booklets are available for a good number of albums.

1 Like

Ideally, ROON could be a platform for ‘smaller’ streaming services that could them more visible in the market place. One could them market the NAXOS HD streaming together with a ROON membership for example. Eventually one could also see the likes of native DSD becoming a streaming service with ROON integration…So if I was ROON I would make the ROON integration of streaming a central package ready for streaming services to jump on.

1 Like

A review of the new NAXOS site

1 Like

When you have drunk the champagne after the successful launch of version 1.1 (which looks fantastic), I would like to hear from someone at ROON whether you would pursue talks with Naxos about the integration of their streaming service in ROON?

+1 that would be great

1 Like

+1 Naxos Integration.

I don’t have high hopes for the survival of Tidal’s Hifi service post-JayZ.

Would still like to hear if this is in the pipeline?

1 Like

One more vote in favor of integrating ClassicsOnline into Roon. It seems like a natural evolution for both services.

2 Likes

I also would love to have ClassicsonlineHD*LL integrated with Roon.

2 Likes

+1 for Naxos ClassicsOnline

2 Likes

+1 for Naxos Classicsonline HD.

1 Like

We need to let Naxos Classics know about our interest. Do they have a forum ?

2 Likes

No, but they have a support desk (Zendesk) where you can make suggestions

Just giving this thread a bump. I continue to want Roon to integrate with this remarkable source of classical music, as it did with TIDAL. I realize that Naxox’s subscriber base is likely trivially small versus TIDAL, but I reflect on the fact that Roon itself is a niche service for music lovers and audiophiles, and I appeal to that when I ask Roon to consider its mission and how it might better be served by integration with ClassicsOnline HD*LL. For thirty years, Naxos has made the impossible possible for CD releases of a complete and critically acclaimed classical repertoire on its own label, and now they have expanded that mission greatly with their online service. Roon should consider carefully the value of stepping on board with that.

4 Likes

Just another vote for Naxos integration-would be a wonderful addition to Roon.

3 Likes