Naxos Classics Online HD - integration

I think I’ve voted already, but another vote anyway. Unlike some of the other streaming services, you get the feeling that Naxos will be around for some time.

2 Likes

Another vote for a decent source of great classical recordings. From what I’ve seen of Tidal (and I admit I haven’t signed up), its focus seems to be elsewhere - on music genres that hold little interest to me personally.

2 Likes

Posting because this thread needs a bump, and more important, a response from Roon. This is a great missed opportunity.

1 Like

Yes, another bump here. Naxos Classics Online is a terrific service and integration with Roon would be fantastic.

3 Likes

I agree. Please naxos classics online hd integeation!

1 Like

This is who you need to persuade:

https://classicsonline.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

According to ClassicsOnline, there’s an issue with Roon?

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email.
First of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback as we value both positive and negative comments regarding our products and services. Rest assured we will continue to improve and serve you better.
Currently, Roon Labs does not support our streaming service due to some codec incompatibilities and limitation on their speakers to support playback beyond 16-bit resolution. Integration with other devices is a planned future enhancement. We hope to have it soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further concerns.
Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Kryshia Tabang
Customer Service
ClassicsOnline HD*LL

1 Like

Reads like they think Roon is hardware. Let’s ask @mike or @danny if there is anything they can tell us.

1 Like

I think Kryshia in their customer service is very confused…

1 Like

I also wrote them with a similar request and had the same exact reply, which I copy and paste below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback as we value both positive and negative comments regarding our products and services. Rest assured we will continue to improve and serve you better.

Currently, Roon Labs does not support our streaming service due to some codec incompatibilities and limitation on their speakers to support playback beyond 16-bit resolution. Integration with other devices is a planned future enhancement. We hope to have it soon.

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Kearsy Rosete
Customer Service
ClassicsOnline HD*LL

1 Like

At least they don’t seem to think they should be speaking to Meridian…

3 Likes

The US based classics online customer service reps are generally clueless.

The only ones who know anything are the tech people, who are based in Singapore (Orastream).

1 Like

An update. I wrote Naxos Classics about their reply (a copy and paste) and how it was incorrect, blah, blah, blah, and this is what they replied (see below). A good sign that they’re willing to Rooninize :slight_smile:

#=== Naxos’ reply ===
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Kearsy Rosete
Customer Service
ClassicsOnline HD*LL

A number of us got the same response (see posts above). I didnt regard it as optimistically as you have because it seemed totally confused as to what Roon is. I have responded linking the website and this thread. Hopefully we might hear something more relevant to Roon integration.

1 Like

Ah… why isn’t Roon reaching out to Naxos ClassicsOnline?

You know, like, ‘hey, let’s integrate your service and boost your subscriber count… and ours, since Roon users are typically OCD classical music listeners’.

1 Like

When I got the standard answer from CO (see above), I responded (somewhat irritably) thus:

I’m sorry, but this answer seems to be in reply to a completely different question.
Roon Labs provides software – it does not manufacture speakers, so your statement “Roon Labs does not support our streaming service due to some codec incompatibilities and limitation on their speakers to support playback beyond 16-bit resolution” is complete nonsense.
I suggest that someone in ClassicsOnline checks with Roon Labs to confirm that Roon is already delivering high-resolution streaming technology to 32/384 and DSD256. See https://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix
Thank you.

This elicited a further reply from them:

Dear Mr. Coupe,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will make sure to reconsider this in our future enhancements.
If you have any other concerns, do let us know.
Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Kryshia Tabang
Customer Service
ClassicsOnline HD*LL

Perhaps marginally more hopeful, or a polite brushoff? I have no way of knowing, unless things change down the road, and integration actually becomes a reality. As has been said elsewhere, it takes two to tango - both Roon and ClassicsOnline would have to commit resources to make such integration happen.

I think it’s obvious that the pitch is at the wrong level.

2 Likes

Companies are so secretive these days about future plans that I’m sure they must lose business sometimes. All credit to Roon for being more open than most, when not tied down by non-disclosure agreements.

I send the following to Classics Online. Anything to keep raising their attention to the opportunity… I will report back the reply, but i am not optimistic.

Dear Classics Online,

Are you familiar with Roon? It is a company that is revolutionizing how music is managed. While you can think of it like iTunes or JRiver, it is so much more. More importantly, Roon subscribers tend to be big classical music listeners.

Roon can be a portal for classicsonline subscribers. It can handle all common codecs and 24/196 files (at least).

Are you interested to enhance service to your current subscribers and potentially expanding your subscription base? A partnership with Roon may do just that.

As a potential classiconline subscriber, I would be grateful for your thoughts on the matter? If you collaborated with Roon, you would win me and others as subscribers.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I know someone at Naxos Online, but more on the database side. Maybe I should give him a ping. At least he might be able to get a sensible answer.

3 Likes