Need advice on DAC for Pass Labs INT-250

I am waiting for my Pass Labs int-250 to be built. Does anyone have any good ideas for digital Streamer/DAC? I am currently using Chord Quest/Bluos Vault 2i but would like to have balanced outputs to take advantage of the gain the amp supports.I am hoping the upgrade from Parasound A21+ to Pass Labs int-250will be an end of game amplifier. I would like to bro the same for digital front end as well. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome Richard! I’m biased but I’m a big fan of Lumin gear. I have a T2 (which has balanced outputs) which sounds really fantastic, and is a rock solid Roon endpoint. Can’t recommend it highly enough - it isn’t cheap but never regretted it. (new T3 is the current version but not sure there is a massive difference in SQ, so you might be able to snag a T2 at a considerable discount). A bonus is that one of Lumin’s senior people is very active on these forums and has provided great assistance to users.

3 Likes

thanks so much for your thoughts. I’m leaning that way

1 Like

I highly recommend the ARCAM ST60. I am using it as a digital preamplifier via the XLR outputs with a pair of the ultra revealing of everything upstream Apogee Scintilla.

1 Like

That lovely piece of kit might just have some great synergy with the Lumin :thinking:
Don’t know where you’re located but perhaps call Upscale, their service is top notch and test period / return policy is quite fair imo.

1 Like

I use a Bel Canto 2.7 DAC in my pass labs Adelph 3 Power and Pass Labs “L” Preamplifier. I use a computer as a Roon Core front end dedicated with its own M.2 card. Not a Nuc but similar. I have a hard drive inside to do the usual Windows duties. I have just been listening to the Newish re-mixes of the John Lennon recordings and have been glued to the spot as they are better than I remember them. The inflections and subtleties in the voice are very well-etched. I had a CHORD Quetest for a while but forund it a little hard sounding and timing was not brilliant. i like the Bel canto and will be using until I hear something better. Just my ten penneth…

I was thinking of swapping my bel Canto One stream for a Lumin T2 ?

I don’t think you can go wrong with a Lumin T2 - still got mine and no intention of moving it on. Sound quality is top drawer, works brilliantly with Roon, and the Lumin app is perfectly serviceable if Roon isn’t available for any reason and you want to play local files (also has Tidal/Spotify Connect and Airplay). As I said, cannot recommend highly enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the info… Looking good… Just bought a Melco N100 Bridge… Works as Roon endpoint as well as a lot of other functions under its belt… The instruction manual is huge but about ten different languages.