Need advice please with HEGEL

What about Airplay 2?!

I am using mconnect on my iOS device to stream Tidal MQA over DLNA to my H390 until it’s ready. I haven’t been able to confirm if the H390 will actually process the MQA stream properly until the 27th September - will report back then. M connect is a free app if anyone else is keen to try it though… I tried it in a Devialet store with 2x Reactor 900s and they sounded very detailed - much better then over Spotify connect. The Reactor 900s cannot do MQA though.

mnconnect details FYI:

http://www.conversdigital.com/eng/product/product03.php

I know it, but for my H190 there is no gapless play possible, with all apps. Only Roon provide gapless, so if you haven‘t a Roon Bridge device between Network and Hegel you only get gapless play via AirPlay. AFAIK no Hegel support gapless. If your H390 will not get Roon Ready you have a problem!

Apparently mconnect does support gapless playback according to the product info page:

“Gapless Playback, DSD and FLAC music playback.“

http://www.conversdigital.com/eng/product/product04.php

But not Hegel. Try it!

All ok with you or have you forget your medicine?

There is no gapless playback with UPNP/dina on Hegel devices. AirPlay via Roon and the future Roon ready update are the only solutions to the problem.

That is exact the same I posted!, Thanks for confirming it.

There is a plan for the H190 to be Roon Endpoint so I would wait for a few more months and use AirPlay until the update.
Victor

it looks like hegel 190,390 and 590 may be roon ready before the end of this year. may be november or december.

can some one from hegel or roon pitch in on this :slight_smile:

folks from hegel and roon , please get this update and certification out sooner :slight_smile:

Does do Mqa but not hardware or software gapless.

The mconnect app is also pretty bad. Crashes and freezes etc often and a poor user experience overall.

Can wait for Roon ready Hegel!

I can assure you that this has never ever been the case with any partner. Certification on our end is usually a short number of days.

Anders Ertzeid, VP of Sales and Marketing at Hegel Music System here. We have absolutely not said that it is on Roons side either. If some person has indicated such then I deeply apologise.

The delay is on our side as we have been tweaking quite a bit on it before sending it for certification. We hope to have it ready for certification really soon. They way we make our digital side it proved to a slightly bigger project than first anticipated. But getting there very soon.

5 Likes

Is there going to be Roon support thru Ethernet connection?
What is Max resolutions via Ethernet and is there MQA support?

Yes, it will be supported over Ethernet as there is no Wifi (hint hint Mr Ertzied). 384khz I believe is the supported resolution.

1 Like

@Anders_Ertzeid
welcome to the roon community

can “very soon” be augmented with some timelines.is it november or december or before 2019 end. or first quarter of 2020?
this will bring a lot of confidence to new buyer of hegel as well

Anders, can we please have the H390 Roon Ready beta firmware made public? John Darko just let the cat out of the bag on his channel: https://youtu.be/hrp5SXNwHp8

If he can have it, surely other H390 customers can. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately we cannot. There are several reasons. First, we can’t let out a version that does not work correctly yet. It is more of an alpha than a beta.
It also wouldn’t be fair towards Roon. They have a great product and we would not want to ruin that experience by handing out a mediocre and not 100% implementation.
The third and rather conclusive is that it wouldn’t work. You need to be a registered Roon Beta user for that product to have it function

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. Good to hear we are making progress.

Is Roon readiness also planed for the H90? That is an amp I would be interested in. Thx