Need Help to stream DSD to SD3100HV

With a Diretta network bridge, you can have not only HQPlayer audio sent over the network but any PC audio.

Basically the PC and any app running on it, will see the network bridge as if it were a USB soundcard.

Like Dante, Ravenna etc. but higher sample rates supported by Diretta.

Not sure how reliable Diretta is in practise though.

I know Ravenna is reliable and supports multichannel DSD256 over the network.

RPi4 endpoint:

https://www.oliospec.com/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000010973&search=Diretta&sort=

That’s regular Streacom’s case. I just use black version of those.

1 Like

Got it. I guess I wouldn’t use it in place of an NAA endpoint. I would trust HQPlayer’s transmission protocol more than Diretta for the purpose of HQPlayer.

1 Like

@jussi_laako @Larry_HV @dabassgoesboomboom @Rugby @Scotav
Hi Gentlemen, This is what I wrote to owner this morning.

Dear Mr. Chan,

1. I have never done payment by Transferwise your prefer form of payment, I think it can be done here in Singapore.

2. Now I want to place the fanless server in the same rack as the T+A SD3100HV and SOtM network switch so I can have short USB and Ethernet connection to the SD3100HV and SOtM. What is the maximum allowable Speakon cable length between Server chassis and the Regulator chassis so I can place the Regulator and Transformer chassis next to my pre-amplifier?

3. What is the price of the 1M USB cable?

4. What is the price of the 1.5M Ethernet cable?

5. I have stated in previous email that I want to rip my CD collection and transfer all my DSD files in my present external hard drive to the Constellation Masterpiece server. You have suggested capacity of 8 Tb storage. Is this 8 Tb included in the price you quote me earlier? Photos from website show no CD slot on the Constellation Masterpiece CAT, CD slot can be seen on the cheaper Constellation SE chassis. Please explain.

6. Is the power supply to the Transformer chassis selectable for voltage/Hz? Present my home power supply is 235 Volts 50 Hz.

7. MY PRIMARY OBJECTIVE TO BUY YOUR CONSTELLATION MASTERPIECE SERVER IS TO UPSAMPLE IN REAL-TIME OR ON THE FLY FLAC 44.1 KHZ WITH HQPLAYER MODULATOR POLY-SINE-EXT2 ASM7EC TO DSD 1024 WITH NO LAGGING, STUTTERING OR DROPOUTS FROM TIDAL OR QOBUZ. THE INTERNET HQPLAYER COMMUNITY IS SCEPTICAL THAT THIS CAN BE DONE WITH PRESENT TECHNOLOGIES, ASM7 IS POSSIBLE BUT ASM7EC IS DOUBTFUL. I NEED THE OPTION FROM YOU TO RETURN THE CONSTELLATION MASTERPIECE WITH FULL REFUND IF IT DOES NOT COMPLY TO MY PRIMARY OBJECTIVE AS STATED HERE IN ITEM 7.

8. If you can setup and demonstrate to me the Constellation Masterpiece at your Labs on this upsampling to ASTM7EC DSD1024 with SKYPE, FACETIME OR WHAT’S APP video will be good.

9. I will be most happy Constellation Masterpiece can meet my primary objective and several of my hifi’s friends who will be your potential customers are waiting on the side line to see how I progress.

Many thanks

@jussi_laako @Larry_HV @dabassgoesboomboom @Rugby @Scotav

Hi Gentlemen, I received the following message from Mr.Chan

"Hi Sir,

I think I’ve already answers many of your questions. The standard length of the speakon cable is 1,2m.
Usb and LAN price are on the website. The price i gave is for 8TB.
CD RIP not available anymore on our server because Streacom (the case company) did not make them anymore, so if you want to rip cds you have to do it on your computer and then move the albums on our server. We are able to guide you for that with remote access on the server. For power voltage there are only 2 types on the world, 110 and 230 (your case).
I’ve confounded ASM7 with ASM7EM, no computer in the world can guarantee playback with this settings, only DSD256 max so if this settings is your only goal i pass my turn. We actually working and purpose Diretta solution to our customers and many of them prefer it to HQplayer upsampling.

Many thanks.
BR,
Chan "

Many thanks to all you gentlemen for your advice/suggestions. i am very fortunate to have the supports of this community.

I wonder if have you bought the server yet?

I did not buy the server as it cannot upsample to the DSD1024 EC

With all the respect, I think you expect upsampling to dsd 1024 is a bit too much, I doubt any machine can really do it.

With EC modulator, nonthing can do it in real-time.

But non-EC can be done.

The more important question though is, does the DAC output perform same or better worse (!!) going from DSD256 to DSD512 and then to DSD1024.

There is no guarantee going high is better. Needs to be measured at the DAC output for the specific DAC in question. Will vary between DAC.

Agreed, it’s not a number game, higher the number doesn’t guarantee sound better, and you can’t get much dac support 1024 dsd either.

Many thanks for all the advice, I bought a native DSD512 Jazz at the Pawnshop and I played it with HQPlayer EC-Modulator, I love what I hear so I like to hear if EC version of the DSD1024 is better sounding. Now I know that with EC modulator, no music server in the present market can do it in real-time from 44.1kHz to DSD512 EC-modulator and higher. Hopefully in the not too distant future it can be done when more powerful CPU is available.

@jussi_laako has done DSD512 with EC modulator with i9-12900K.

Forget about getting this CPU inside a fanless case. Put it with biggest Noctua fan and outside listening room and use NAA (HQP endpoint) inside listening room.

Keep an eye on HQPlayer section of the forum:

1 Like