Need to refresh the audio tab every time I restart my USB DAC (Cambridge Audio CXA81)

Roon Core Machine

Intel Nuc8i5, Ubuntu 22.04

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio CXA 81, through USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi,
Every time I start my DAC/amplifier (Cambridge Audio CXA81), the controller apps indicate under Settings - Audio that the device is not found, although it is listed under “Connected to Core” (if the amplifier is turned off, it is not shown at all). After pushing the reloading button, the amplifier is connected and things work fine again. Same behavior for Android and iOS (iPad) remote apps.

This error has been reported several time already, but nothing has been done to solve it. It seems to work with Roon on Windows, but this must be a very simple software issue on the linux side and I’d like to see it solved.

Hello @Arthur_Mensch ,

Can you please let us know the exact local time + date when you next run into this issue? We can enable diagnostics for your account afterward and see if there are any interesting errors in the logging, thanks

9:38 Sat 19/11/22 Paris time

Hey @Arthur_Mensch ,

I enabled diagnostics for your Roon account but I’m not seeing the Core communicate with our servers. Can you please turn it on and let me know once it’s active? If you don’t want to use it, you only need to leave it online for 5-10 minutes so it delivers logs and then you can turn it back off, thanks!

I am leaving it on now. Can you take another look? Thanks

It seems that it now detects the audio one after a couple of seconds, did you make a bugfix already?

Hi @Arthur_Mensch ,

I’m glad to hear there was an improvement in this behavior! I am not aware of any ticket that addressed this specifically, but do let us know if you see the issue return. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.