Neil Young Archive uses LG V60 Quad Dac, why doesn't Roon? (And I assume LG V20, V30, V40, V50)

I was gifted a Neil young Archive (NYA) account and I was surprised to find it uses the Quad Dac on the LG V60. To say it sounds out this world is an understatement.

I’d love to listen to Roon on my phone which has an exceptional dac but Roon uses the crap android dac. With Hi Res and good headphones you can easily tell the difference.

Are there other quad dac fans out there that’d like to chime in? Wouldn’t it be great for Roon to work on those devices which are also excellent endpoints?

(pic from desktop app)

@anon80830635 I added this one, and I’m wondering how to get all the folks out there who care about this organized on this forum to make a case: Neil Young Archive uses LG V60 Quad Dac, why doesn't Roon? (And I assume LG V20, V30, V40, V50)

I have a V20 which I still use.

However, LG is out of the phone business and all of these devices are pretty much EOL. Sad… but time for a dongle DAC and getting proper bypass of the Android mixer for Roon. I’d vote for that bypass before this.

I think bypassing Android would do the trick for LG too. Here’s the one to add your vote to: Hi-Res on Android? UAPP integration?

1 Like