Netgear UPnP On But No ARC Connect

Roon Core Machine

Roon version 2.0 (build 1211)
QNAP-NAS: Roon version 2.0 (build 1211)
MacBook Pro: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Venura: 13.2.1 (22D68)

I’m using a Netgear NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM router. I have turned on UPnP in the router configuration settings. But Roon ARC still cannot connect with the outside world.

Roon reports:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“75.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Please advise.

Thanks!

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Please complete the support template in full, and share the diagnostic message displayed under Roon > Settings > Roon ARC.

1 Like

Hi @Bill_J,

I would suggest you create a manual port forwarding rule and see if that works.

First in the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc write down the ip address and port number shown there.

Watch below video (it’s from a netgear router, possible not your model but i hope i looks familiar on your router).

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Thanks Maarten, for your suggestions and the video link.

I found, what for me is a better video - just in-case someone else needs to do this:

I have setup Roon’s IP address as a static IP, and added Port Forwarding as Roon requested. Unfortunately, I ended up with the following error report:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“75.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
}

More recently, Roon changed the error message to:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
}

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @Bill_J,

Please go to Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router and fill in the port number for which you created a port forwarding rule and click op Check.

What is the response? Please don’t post a screenshot of the page, because your IP address is visible on the page.

Regards,

Maarten.

Thanks for the Open Port Check Tool, very useful. However, even though I have Port Forwarding set to my IP address, and Port 55000 is open, Roon still returns the following error:

{
}

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @Bill_J,

I have one option left which you could try. In the Roon App under Settings → Roon ARC change the port number in ie. 44135. Adjust your port forwarding rule to this port number and see what happens. I read in another post that some ISP’s block certain port numbers.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

I tried what you advised and unfortunately Roon returns a similar error:

{
}

Is Roon having a hard time establishing the “Pathway” to this port number? Or can it not even get through my Router to my Network?

Can you interpret the error message above for me?

Thanks

Hi @Bill_J,

I’m sorry to hear it’s still not working. I’m out of options. I hope @support or an other community member can help you further with this issue.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Thanks for your help Maarten. I think this may have something to do with the fact that my NAS drive is connected to my Netgear Nighthawk Mess Router, and this router is connected to the Internet through a Verizon 5G Modem/Router. Although the Verizon unit is only there to bring the internet to the Netgear Router, it’s means Roon ARC has to navigate through the Verizon Modem, to the Netgear Router, and finally to my NAS running QNAP Roon server. Whew!

There should be a way to achieve all of this, but I admit it’s a potentially complex navigation. On the other hand I’m certain it’s achievable.

Hopefully, Roon Support will pick up this thread and assist me with this. Getting Roon ARC up and running will ease my mind about spending my limited budget on renewing my Roon license.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.