Network error: check Internet connection

Core Machine
Mac mini mid 2011 / 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 / El Capitan / RAM 8 GB
I have been 45 days outside home with everything switched off.
Now I get the “Network error: please check your Internet connection” everytime I try to start Roon. I have reinitiated the Mac mini: no result.
The Internet connection for any other application is working flawlessly

Network Details
Ehernet connection via Netgear 8 ports switch to router ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0

Audio Devices
Mac mini running Roon core and connected via USB to DAC Lampizator

Library Size
Cannot say, but I have roughly 600 GB in Mac mini and 600 GB in server. Most of them are classical music and most of them are high resolution, so not may songs for the size of the “files”

Description of Issue
I have been 45 days outside home with everything switched off.
Now I get the “Network error: please check your Internet connection” everytime I try to start Roon. I have restarted the Mac mini: no result.
The Internet connection for any other application is working flawlessly.

Hi @Juan_Piedrola — Typically this happens when your Core machine is having trouble communicating with our servers. Can you try switching to Google DNS on your network? We’ve seen that help in the past.

Is the Netgear switch managed? What’s the model?

I have changed the Mac mini DNS to Google ones but the problem persists.

My switch model is Netgear GS110TP, I do not know if it is a managed switch.

I use the Mac mini just to run Roon core and have some music stored in it. I use an iMac for general purposes and to control de Mac mini when needed.
I do not know if I should also change the DNS in the iMac

Might be worth powering all the gear down, network gear and modem too… go make a coffee or other beverage then come back and power things up again starting with the modem then switch/s then other things

Just done and Roon working properly. I think and hope that problem is solved.
I’ll wait a few hours.
Thank you.

1 Like

Probably the beverage helped hahahah

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.