Network Share will not Authorise - Roon Server on Ubuntu 20.04

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux VM (Ubuntu Server 20.04) running on XCP-ng hypervisor. The host server is a Dell R220.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

DHCP on the main network and the Synology NAS has a static IP Address.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W Formation Audio

Description Of Issue

Recently followed instructions to set up Roon Server: https://kb.roonlabs.com/LinuxInstall

Started with Ubuntu 15.10 but ffmpeg or avconv were not available so created a new VM with 20.04 which sucessfully downloaded ffmpeg. I have installed cifs-utils on the server as well.

Installed room using the easy installer and have had no problems finding the server and loving into Roon. Once logged in I cannot connect to my Synology NAS DS918+

I have created a user on the NAS with access to my music share but for some reason, Roon will not authorise.

FAQ: I’m having trouble setting up my NAS

1 Like

Hi BlackJack,

Thank you for sending that over. I have now sorted it, it was the special characters in my password that were the issue. I had to go into the Synology user details and disable the requirement within passwords.

Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.